At Merrick Bank, we specialize in credit programs that assist people looking to build or rebuild their credit. We are FDIC insured and recognized as a top-20 issuer of Visa® cards. In total, we proudly serve over 2.4 million cardholders and have extended over $5.3 billion in credit.
Our Mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers, our employees, and our community. We work hard to create a work environment that empowers our associates to grow, learn, and reach their potential.
The Compliance tester maintains the overall direction of the compliance activities of Merrick Bank Corporation (the “Bank”) by performing, or assisting in the performance of, the primary duties listed below.
· Conduct lending/deposit product testing and monitoring for compliance with various laws and regulations utilizing existing Bank programs.
· Conduct reviews of the Company’s compliance to policies in the areas of lending, deposits, new products, etc., prepare findings report and present results to leadership.
· Develop comprehensive testing plans for compliance related controls throughout the Bank. Maintain testing plans within the compliance management application.
· Revise and/or customize testing plans based on results of prior testing, regulatory changes, changes to internal processes, or audit/examination findings.
· Identify control weaknesses or gaps and work with department managers to correct deficiencies. In addition, be an active participant in helping to identify the root cause of issues identified.
· Assist in the overall implementation of the Bank’s Compliance Management System and in the development of an overall compliance-testing plan.
· Stay abreast of federal and state regulatory changes. Report such changes to management and assist in determining appropriate responses, including the development of new testing plans.
· Participate in new product development, system initiatives and other projects to ensure potential compliance related issues are adequately addressed. Make recommendations to adjust monitoring and testing plans if appropriate.
· Report to the Chief Compliance Officer on any suspect violations of law, regulations or non-compliance to Company policy and take responsibility to ensure resolution.
· Assist in preparing material and resources for regulatory examinations.
· Develop and assist in the implementation of new compliance related processes and special projects.
· Maintain compliance related policies and procedures to ensure continued applicability and completeness.
· Demonstrate an ability to adapt to any changes in the regulatory environment.
· Perform other compliance related duties as assigned by Compliance management and the Chief Compliance Officer.
· Develop and present training on compliance topics as needed.
· Attend conferences and trainings to enhance compliance knowledge and skills (some travel may be required).
Education and Experience:
· College Degree in business related field or equivalent required with 3 to 5 years of progressive compliance and regulatory banking experience in consumer credit cards. CRCM designation is preferred.
Summary of Qualifications:
· Knowledge of banking industry function including accounting, ACH, audit, credit, finance, marketing, operations, etc.
· Strong working knowledge of banking laws and regulations.
· Proficient technical writing skills are required - presenting ideas in a clear, concise, understandable, and organized manner.
· Effective planning, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure. Skilled at handling a variety of assignments simultaneously. Flexibility and willingness to work at a rapid pace in strict time frames.
· Proficient keyboard and Windows-based applications (Microsoft Office) experience is required.
· Professional demeanor and appearance are necessary; personal work habits that inspire the best in others.
· Effective oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and sound judgment. Exhibit diplomacy and patience when dealing with co-workers and others.
· Ability to work independently and without direct or continuous supervisory support.
Why Merrick Bank?
For over 20 years, our Guiding Principles, such as doing the right thing, putting the customer first, and Earn, Learn, and Have Fun (E.L.F), have helped shape our world class organization into an Employer of Choice. We value our employees and provide generous benefits to include:
· Competitive salary (Salary: DOE)
· Benefits package -Medical, Dental and Vision (plus much more)
· 401(k) Plan with Company Match
· Short & Long Term Disability
· Group Life and AD&D Insurance
· Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days
· Employee Events, including Employee Appreciation Day, Holiday Party, etc.
· Tuition Reimbursement Program
Candidates must have unrestricted authority to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Merrick Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Please go to our website www.merrickbank.com to apply and learn more about our company
South Jordan, UT