Wetland Scientist/Botanist - SD
- Posted: over a month ago
In this position, the Wetland Scientist/Botanist will work independently and/or as part of a team conducting ecological surveys to support utility, transportation, and development projects primarily throughout the U.S. Primary duties include: wetland and stream delineations, threatened & endangered species surveys, functional assessments, habitat assessments, vegetation surveys, wildlife surveys, and reporting. The work environment will consist of both urban and remote field settings, which may include work in adverse weather conditions, and in some instances, irregular and/or steep terrain. Compensation is competitive and dependent upon experience.
This position is remote and field based.responsibilities
- Conduct wetland delineations according to the 1987 U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineations Manual and applicable regional supplements.
- Conduct habitat assessments and species-specific surveys.
- Collect, record, manage, and analyze geospatial data using Trimble and ESRI products.
- Prepare technical reports and memos.
- Development of technical documents for project planning and permitting.
- Support proposal development for ecological tasks.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Biology, Ecology, Soil Science, Hydrology, Environmental Science, Natural Resources, or related degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing and/or conducting biological surveys with at least 1 year of leading wetland delineation teams.
- Strong technical writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing workloads.
- Ability to conduct field work for 10+ hours per day, sometimes in adverse conditions carrying equipment and up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work weekends, multiple week shifts away from home, and regularly work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- +5 years of experience with related skill sets.
- Threatened & Endangered species surveying or handling permits for Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- PWS, MN CWD, and or WI Assured Delineator.
Merjent, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressTownship of Dakota, SD
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Merjent
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?