Environmental Inspector/Biological Technician
Merjent Appleton, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
In this Northeast Wisconsin based position, you will support environmental surveys, client services, environmental permit acquisitions, assessments, and compliance management in support of utility, transportation, and development projects primarily throughout the Midwest. The majority of your time will be spent in the field, conducting field work and environmental inspections. This may include wetland delineations, biological surveys, habitat assessments, data collection, construction oversight, and stormwater inspections. The work environment will consist of both urban and remote field settings, which may include work in adverse weather conditions, and in some instances, irregular and/or steep terrain. Field assignments will at times require work on weekends, multiple weeks of travel, and regular work weeks more than 40 hours.responsibilities
- Work with internal and external clients to ensure Merjent's reputation for excellence.
- Assist with wetland delineations according to the 1987 Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineations Manual and applicable regional supplements.
- Assist with habitat assessment for state and federally listed species.
- Collect geospatial data using Trimble and ESRI products
- Assist with technical document preparation.
- Provide construction oversight to active construction project to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Conduct stormwater inspections to ensure erosion devices and best management practices are being implemented to ensure project compliance.
- Understand and implement health and safety plans.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's or associate degree , natural sciences, or closely related field.
- Familiarity with Global Positioning System (GPS) data collection
- Experience using Microsoft Office software products including Microsoft word and excel.
- Ability to manage time and complete multiple tasks under tight schedule constraints and change in work scope and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and "own" the process.
- Excellent oral communication and technical writing skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to manage heavy workloads in highly mobile and changing work environments.
- Ability to conduct field work for 10+ hours per day, sometimes in adverse conditions.
- Ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds is required.
- Ability to work weekends, multiple-week shifts away from home, and regularly work in excess of 40 hours per week
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Merjent, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro