Biological Technician - SD
- Posted: over a month ago
In this full-time position, the Biological Technician will work independently and/or as part of a team conducting field surveys to support energy infrastructure projects throughout the U.S. Primary duties may include threatened and endangered species habitat assessments, vegetation surveys, wildlife surveys, and/or other field activities (this may include environmental inspection). The work environment will consist of both urban and remote field settings, which may include work in adverse weather conditions, and in some instance's irregular and/or steep terrain. Field assignments will at times require work on weekends, multiple week shifts away from home, and regular work weeks in excess of 40 hours. Additional responsibilities will include assisting with technical document development for project planning and permitting.
This position is remote and field based.qualifications and experience
- Experience with field work is strongly desired.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Biology, Ecology, Soil Science, Hydrology, Environmental Science, Natural Resources, or related degree-open to current students.
- Strong technical writing and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to manage heavy workloads in highly mobile and changing work
- Ability to conduct field work for 10+ hours per day, sometimes in adverse conditions.
- Ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds is required.
- Ability to work weekends, multiple-week shifts away from home, and regularly work in excess of 40 hours per
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Merjent, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressTownship of Dakota, SD
ScienceView all jobs at Merjent
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?