Unleash your Greatness at Meritech!
Meritech is Northeast Ohio’s premier office technology company. Established in 1978, we’ve been growing, innovating, and changing the game for the last 42 years! We employ only the best and brightest and empower them to reach their personal and professional goals.
To embrace and drive change in order to pursue growth, learning, and value for our clients.
Our Core Values:
Integrity, honesty, and accountability are the true cornerstones that sustain our organization. We succeed through passion and commitment to developing our people.
Our Level 1 IT Engineers Are:
- Empowered. They are go-getters and creative thinkers when it comes to solving IT ticket.
- Dedicated to their customers. They know that good customer service is the key to building lasting relationships and go above and beyond for their clients.
- Collaborative. They know when to ask their team members and Manager for help regarding a complex ticket.
- Hungry for growth and development
- Always excited and willing to learn new technologies and certifications.
Meritech Helps our Clients:
· Think: Consulting services include strategic planning, roadmaps, budgets, timelines, capacity management, device lifecycle and contract management services, documentation.
· Build: Project services include solution architecture, project engineering, project management, installation, programing, application development and integration, and end user adoption & training services, documentation.
· Run: Support services include preventative maintenance, proactive monitoring, reactive service desk, ticket creation & escalation services, documentation.
The Level 1 IT Engineer position is our first level of support working directly with end users to resolve technology issues remotely for our local client base. Members of the Help Desk Engineer staff will be exposed to multiple desktop, network and server technologies in our diverse customer infrastructure environments. The Level 1 position responds to, resolves, and escalates incoming technical client issues and requests submitted by phone, e-mail, or our client portal with a focus on superior customer service.
ESSENTIAL ROLE FUNCTIONS:
Provide expert remote desktop support and basic server administration with a focus on:
- Client satisfaction
- Service delivery quality
- Technical excellence
Drive to meet and exceed organizational goals for:
- Cost per Contact
- Customer Satisfaction
- First Contact Resolution Rate
- Employee Satisfaction
- Average Speed to Answer
Demonstrate strong customer service skills to provide phone support including:
- Listening to the customer to gain an accurate understanding of the situation
- Being empathetic to the customer’s situation and having a sense of urgency
- Producing accurate and detailed documentation at the client and incident level
- Resolving conflict
- Provide expert remote support for desktops, printers, mobile devices, and basic server administration.
- Follow task creation, work, closure, and escalation procedures
- Support team members with resolving client issues
- Meet or exceed position Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Excel in the areas of:
- Remote troubleshooting skills
- Client service skills
- Technical competencies defined for the position
- Call Center experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of experience with troubleshooting and providing remote support
- BA, BS or similar degree in Computers/Electronics or relevant experience
At least one of the following industry certifications is preferred:
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- CompTIA A+
- MCTS/MCP Windows 7 or above
- 1+ years of experience troubleshooting the current versions of the Windows Desktop Operating System
1+ years of experience with basic administration of the following:
- The most current versions of the Windows Server family operating system
- The most current versions of Microsoft Active Directory
- The most current versions of Microsoft Exchange Server
- Familiarity with the use of and troubleshooting current version of the Mac OS (Desktop) is a plus
- Working knowledge of mobile devices, laptops and desktops
- Working knowledge of common desktop applications including the most current version of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of current tape and common business-class online backup solutions
- Working knowledge of client/server printing
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills, attention to details
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- ConnectWise or other PSA software experience preferred.
IF YOU ARE results driven with excellent problem solving skills and a passion for customer service, Meritech is the place for you.
We can’t wait to start a conversation!
Meritech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace.
Want to learn more? Visit us at www.meritechinc.com
Products Offered by Meritech Include: Managed Network Services, Managed Print Services, Managed Marketing Services, and Managed Document Services.