Information Technology Support Analyst
Meritech is the leading provider of Office Technologies in Northeast Ohio. Founded in 1978 Meritech has been a Premier Service Provider for over 41 years and counting!
As a Full-Time IT Support Analyst, you will be providing quality Service and Support for customers and new clients as a trusted adviser.
Meritech offers a broad portfolio of award-winning products, services & programs designed to meet the needs of all types and sizes of businesses. You will take part in supporting clients that utilize our expanding IT Support Services.
What are your Responsibilities?
- You will be the first level of contact with our customers via phone and email and external support desk.
- You will be responsible for understanding assignment/ Dispatching for our Field Technicians and engineers.
- You will be trained and empowered to work with our
1. Vendors to schedule and resolve any technical issues
2. Partners to learn and grow to provide best in class support service
3. IT Engineers to gain experience through a spectrum of problem-solving opportunities
Most importantly: provide support for Incident Management
- Accountability – Consistently answering the call. Our clients need you.
- Empathy – Understanding the importance of our service to our customers
- Responsibility – Ownership of the communication as you work with technicians on resolution.
What will we do for you?
We commit to providing you experience with the direct intention to cultivate your Business acumen and technology skills. We will help you to understand ITIL methodology. This is a career path where you will have mentor-ship to enhance your understanding of how Business, Customer Service, and Technology intersect.
What are some of our required skills?
- You must have a 2-year degree or equivalent college courses completed or in the process of completing a 4-year degree in a related field.
- (Preferred) Highly developed organizational and communication skills
- Proven track record of high-level customer service
- Ability to speak publicly with confidence and poise
- Ability to articulate technology to non-technical people while troubleshooting.
- Demonstrates Technical aptitude; Troubleshooting Skills Cert. is a plus (A+)
- Service first mentality. Ability to work independently from with direction.
- Self-motivation and self-disciplined Ability to excel in a fast-paced and continually evolving environment.
What experience are we looking for?
- Experience: 1 year (Preferred) In customer service and/or technology
- Familiarity with ticketing systems (ConnectWise a plus)
- Some troubleshooting experience (preferred) with the following:
1. Computer performance/Maintenance
2. Email or Application issues
3. Printer problems
4. Virus infections
5. Troubleshooting Network connectivity of devices
What will the typical day look like?
- In the morning, there will be a few tickets that have come in overnight that will require an expedient human response. You will log in to our ticketing system to respond to our clients. You will be empowered to queue a resolution based on information in the ticket, investigate if there is not enough information, or immediately escalate to an engineer based on severity.
- After your initial triage of our ticket queue, you will connect to our phone queue. You will be the first point of contact as your primary role. However, you will have backup and coverage. When you receive the call, you will document all interactions in our ticketing system.
- Throughout your day , you will have the opportunity to run patch updates to hundreds of devices that utilize our remote management software. You will be responsible to schedule updates of managed endpoints, those that do not receive the updates may require investigation.
- As an analyst, you will learn how to resolve issues from our engineers after escalation. Problems that you have access to address will accompany documentation for you to refer to for the next time you have a similar experience. The process will methodically increase our knowledge base and your skills.
- You will work with IT leadership to determine if technicians will need to be deployed for an issue that you are unable to resolve remotely and work to schedule that with the client.
- By the end of your day, you will make sure that all incoming tickets have a response, you will place queue for our engineers the following day after your first layer of troubleshooting and documentation.
- There will also be opportunities to work with our project team for short-term tasks to increase your skills.
Work authorization: United States
Full-time Position with Benefits
Compensation Range: $30,000-$45,000
8am – 5PM Monday – Friday (40 Hours) / Periodic on call Responsibility