Position: Data Analyst (SAS)
Location: Washington, D.C.
Clearance: Public Trust
The Data Analyst will analyze motor vehicle crash data and reporting retrieved from computerized databases, data analysis, and technical documentation working with the National Center for Statistics and Analysis. This work supports the Department of Transportation (DoT) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This position will be in Washington D.C.
- Providing SAS programmatic expertise and support in analyzing motor vehicle traffic crash data and reporting trends in response to a large volume of data requests from within and outside of NHTSA
- Writing and updating SAS code to generate data for fatality and injury rates based on exposure data for preparing technical reports, research notes, and traffic safety facts sheets
- Developing computer algorithms to identify patterns in large datasets
- Properly applying various database management methods
- Developing new and improved techniques for data query and data mining
- Performing updates on annual statistical publications
- Statistical data processing
- Will use Several SAS modules, including SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Macros the daily
- Web Delivery of analysis and reporting
- Developing Visual Analytics and Business Intelligence Dashboards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analysis, Data Science or Statistics preferred
- Will accept other related bachelor’s degree with at least 12 semesters of Statistics or Data Science
- 1+ year of experience working with complex projects involving large databases
- Prior experience with data analysis of large databases, business intelligence, and visual analytics
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Office software suite
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgement with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust
Merit321 is a woman owned firm that specializes in Information Technology (IT), Cyber Security, Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, and Engineering opportunities. We seek, hire, and retain cleared professionals to support our Commercial, Federal, State, and Local clients across the US. We have been on both sides and understand the respect both the client and candidate deserve. We can consult and create solutions for essentially anything that touches IT, Accounting, Finance and more!
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k with match
- Paid Holidays
It is the policy of Merit321 to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.