Senior Systems Engineer
Are you a customer-centric IT support professional looking to take on more leadership? Meriplex is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to handle an array of high-level issues ranging from delivering advanced server support and design to presenting key reports to C-level customer leadership. In this role, you will act as the highest point of escalation for the Technical Assistance Center as well as act as a mentor for junior team members.
- Network and design architecture expert.
- Perform technical equipment installations at customer sites.
- Execute the deployment, installation, and architecture of networks.
- Provide advanced support to the entire customer environment.
- Provide proactive maintenance of client network environment.
- Act as escalation point for all other teams.
- Offer mentorship and education to fellow team members.
- Advise and educate the customer on their system while making product recommendations for the future.
- Prep reports to be presented to the customer to enhance understanding.
- Utilize Microsoft Visio and documentation toolset to build out customer technical environment for all teams to use to support the customer.
- Standardize SOPs for all support for the entire customer environment.
- Manage and maintain customer documentation.
- Provide advanced Office365 support.
- Deliver network-wide VPN access support.
- Provide advanced Microsoft server support and design.
- Offer advanced VMware support.
- Perform advanced firewall administration.
- Supply multifaceted authentication (MFA) support.
- Provide advanced support on MS Azure environments.
- Provide advanced support on MS Exchange servers.
- Manage advanced wireless environment.
- Manage advanced backup and replication solutions and storage devices.
- Provide advanced VoIP support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Act as a team leader, providing guidance and instruction to those in the TAC.
- Help to distribute workload across team members to provide the highest level of customer experience.
- Advise customer equipment lifecycle requirements.
- Act as technical advisor on customer QBRs.
- Work in tandem with Meriplex sales department to provide insight on customers’ technical needs.
- Create clear and concise presentations to be understood by all levels of customer leadership.
- Ability to explain complex topics to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Oversee the timelines, deployment, and vendor management of small projects.
- Communicate the cost and general budgetary observations to the customer as needed.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications.
- Advanced TCP/IP understanding.
- Ability to communicate both verbal and written technical information to a wide range of end-users and customer internal IT departments.
- Ability to effectively set expectations regarding delivery of service.
- Strengthen customer relationships by providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work in a team environment; contribute as a team member and treat co-workers, subordinates, and customers with respect.
- Adherence to ticketing methodologies regarding documentation, process, and workflow.
- Support, manage, troubleshoot, and resolve service requests with the appropriate level of urgency and professionalism.
- Properly manage workflow using research, documentation, RMM tools, ticket system, and communication.
- Directly and indirectly support customers, vendors, and staff by providing top tier customer service.
- Advanced Switching/Routing/Wireless/Firewall knowledge.
- Advanced MS Azure knowledge.
- Advanced SAN knowledge.
- Advanced VoIP knowledge.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Prior MSP proactive support experience, highly encouraged.
- Security certification.
- VMware VCP/VCTA/VCAP certification.
- SAN certification.
- Cisco certification.
- Vendor VoIP certification.
- Azure certification.
- Microsoft 365 certification.
- Superior reading, writing, and communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of network concepts, devices, and best practices.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Powered by JazzHR
Meriplex CommunicationsLake Oswego, OR
TechnologyView All Meriplex Communications Jobs
Get fresh Senior Systems Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.