Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Posted: January 13, 2023
Meriplex is a managed cybersecurity, IT, and SD-WAN solutions provider that enables transformation by combining secure, innovative technology with advanced expertise. Innovation is our hallmark, and it begins with staff development. Join Meriplex where you will have the opportunity to develop your skills while working alongside a team of enthusiastic industry and technology experts.
We are looking to enhance our Finance team with an experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk. The Accounts Receivable Clerk will be responsible for collecting payment using skills in project management, organization and communications to collect the payment from customers. This role will be responsible for tracking payments, make banking deposits and providing reports that document profits and losses for an organization. The Accounts Receivable Clerks will manage and maintain customer accounts by making sure funds are received timely through performing collection efforts. This role will work with other departments to verify and record transactions and resolve account discrepancies. Accounts Receivable Clerk works directly with customers to help them make the proper payments for goods and services. Candidates for this role must have a basic understanding of the Accounts Receivable functions coupled with interest in learning general accounting and finance GAAP practices, terminology, and understanding. We are seeking an ambitious, energetic, and highly- motivated individual who has a strong desire to work for a growing company, with significant responsibility, autonomy, and development potential.
This role is based in Houston, TX at the Meriplex Corporate office.
Make your mark at Meriplex by being the best at what you do. Here's how to make an impact:
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Creates reports regarding the status of customer accounts as requested.
- Reconciles customer accounts and resolves discrepancies.
- Performs collections by identifying delinquent accounts, reviewing files, and contacting delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Let's work together to succeed together! Relevant experience in the following areas will get you off to a great start:
- Knowledge of general accounting and financial best practices
- General understanding of terminology and processes within the telecommunications industry
- General understanding of cash application and collections and standards of record keeping
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of critical thinking, judgement, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Execute in fast-paces, dynamic, growth-oriented work environment
- Execute with multiple internal teams, from individual contributors to senior executives
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- +3-5 years of related collections experience
- +3-5 years of related accounts receivable or general accounting experience required
- +3-5 years' experience working with an ERP, NetSuite preferred
- Previous experience within the telecommunication industry preferred
Work Schedule/Travel - Standard Meriplex business hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with flexibility to meet deadlines.
We value both education and experience equally - While your formal degree, and certifications, would contribute to your success in this role, we also find tremendous value in skills and knowledge gained through in-depth, real-world experience in a related field. Should you have the formal degree, preference is for Accounting or Finance.
The Meriplex Difference - Meriplex employees receive a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, group term life insurance, 401K, plus PTO, holiday pay, as well as referral bonuses.
If you want to be a lion, you must train with lions. Come and join a winning team!
- Channel Futures MSP 501 Winner (2021)
- Houston's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For (2020 & 2021)
- Top 50 Tech Services CEO Award (2020)
- CRN MSTP 500 Winner (2021)
Meriplex Communications and Meriplex Solutions are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Meriplex Communications and Meriplex Solutions do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Meriplex Communications and Meriplex Solutions will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Meriplex Communications and Meriplex Solutions.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Meriplex Communications
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?