- Expired: November 12, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
- New Assisted Living Community Hiring for Activity Director*
Meridian Senior Living believes that "Everyone Deserves a Great Life."
To us, a great life in our communities starts with great employees. What makes a great employee, you ask?
We believe a great employee is someone that understands that our work is hard yet rewarding, that team work truly makes the dream work, and that at the end of the day there is nothing more satisfying then making a difference in someone's life.
What do we offer to these great employees?
- A solid benefits package (with several different plan options for you to choose from) - complete with Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- 1800MD - Telemedicine that is available to all employees and their family members at no cost! No enrollment required!
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Benefits that include Short Term Disability, Accident Coverage, Critical Illness, and more!
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonus
- Employee Discounts - (Enterprise, Staples, HD Supply, Office Depot, Sherwin Williams, and more!)
What else do we offer?
- We equip you with the ability to grow your career - whether it be with us or another employer.
- A company culture that is dedicated to promoting integrity, joy, respect, and excellence!
- Life changing experiences with some of the best Residents an employee can ask for.
Details about the Activity Director position we are hiring for:
The Activity Director develops, modifies, evaluates, and implements activity programs that embrace and fulfill the social needs and interests of the senior population living in and visiting the Community.
- Qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional who is eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist, therapeutic recreation assistant, or an activities professional by a recognized accrediting body, such as the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification, the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals, or the Consortium for Therapeutic Recreation/Activities Certification; or has two years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years, one year of which was full?time in an activities program in a health care setting; or has completed an activity director training course approved by the National Association for Activity Professionals or the National Therapeutic Recreation Society
- Maintain applicable state requirements of dementia specific training
- Ensures resident lives are maintained to the extent possible by providing activities and contact with the Community
- Provides guidance and acts as a resource to staff on the importance of life enrichment and other areas regarding the quality of life for residents
- Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, resident's families, visitors, and staff
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
- Must have exceptional organizational skills
- Must have experience in planning, organizing and executing a varied schedule of life enrichment opportunities for all levels of seniors from those who are very active to those with cognitive impairments resulting from Alzheimer's and related dementias
- Ability to supervise employees
- Ability to set up and train volunteers
- Ability to establish effective relationships with residents, family members and staff
- Ability to represent the Community in a positive and professional manner
- Requires current First Aid and CPR certification
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must meet all health requirements and pass background checks
Meridian Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meridian Senior Living
EducationView all jobs at Meridian Senior Living