Under the direction of the Accounts Receivable Supervisor, this position performs the proactive follow-up activity of outstanding physician claims and identifies issues resulting in non-payment of claims.
- Performs follow-up on outstanding physician claims as directed per the current A/R plan
- Identifies issues resulting in non-payment of claims due to internal/external issues
- Elevates significant issues to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor for further management interaction
- Works collaboratively with other operationally units to expediently resolve outstanding physician claims
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality
- Follows the General A/R ad the client specific Guidelines
- Maintains baseline level of accounts/week
- Provides excellent customer service to patient and clients as needed
- Attention to detail with the ability to produce high quality work
- General knowledge of ICD10 diagnostic and CPT procedural coding
- Thorough knowledge of third party carriers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to meet department standards regarding production and quality
- Strong knowledge in orthopedics, spine, physical and occupational therapy
- Work compensation, litigation, MVA and third party liability knowledge required
- Demonstrates effective, professional verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player who demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively to identify and help resolve enterprise-wide challenges.
- Exemplary professional demeanor and appearance
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Proficient computer skills; experience in CPS, Greenway, Athena a plus!
Education, Training: Formal Education or certifications essential to accomplish the position
- High School Diploma required; Associates degree preferred.
- Billing or Coding Certificate preferred.
Essential experience required for this position:
- 2+ years Computer skills: Excel and Word proficiency
- 2+ years Prior experience in A/R follow-up with insurance