- Process verbal and written inquiries related to physician services.
- Answer questions, inquiries, and concerns regarding accounts.
- Provide problem resolution and support to internal and external customers including clients, patients and third party carriers
- Maintain acceptable/baseline level of customer calls processed per week.
- Verify patient eligibility.
- Work with contacts in various departments on patient billing and credit issues.
- Requests backup documentation as needed to bill, rebill or resubmit claims.
- Complete correspondence responsibilities including written letters/forms and telephone contact.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required, Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of six months of customer service experience.
- Minimum of six months of work experience in a medical billing or physician office setting
- Prior experience with All Scripts, Microsoft Word and Excel and other various computer software. Demonstrated ability to navigate through computer systems.
- Working knowledge of medical billing process/concepts with experience analyzing medical insurance data.
- Experience meeting deadlines through applied time management and organization skills.
- Prior experience resolving customer issues.
- Prior experience and knowledge of IDX billing system software.
- Experience in third party billing; knowledge of insurance industry.
- Working knowledge of medical billing process/concepts.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret Explanation of Benefit (EOB) forms.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with multi-level personnel, medical professionals, clients, public and other representatives of the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills.