Under the direction of the Cash Posting and Refunds Manager, this position performs the pro-active follow up activity of outstanding physician claims and identifies issues resulting in non-payment of claims.
Performs follow up on outstanding physician claims as directed per the current A/R plan.
Identifies issues resulting in non-payment of claims due to internal/external issues.
Elevates significant issues to the Manager for further management interaction.
Works collaboratively with other operationally units to expediently resolve outstanding physician claims.
Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
Follows the General A/R and the Client Specific Guidelines.
Maintains baseline level of accounts/week.
Provides excellent customer service to patient and clients as needed.
Attention to detail with the ability to produce high quality work.
General knowledge of ICD-10 diagnostic and CPT procedural coding.
Thorough knowledge of third party carriers.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to identify and resolve problems.
Work effectively as part of a team.
Excellent customer service skills.
Excellent change management skills required due to a constant changing healthcare industry.
Ability to meet department standards regarding production and quality.
- High School Diploma required; Associates degree preferred.
- Prior ICD 9 and ICD 10 diagnostic knowledge.
- Meditech experience strongly preferred.
- Billing or Coding Certificate preferred.
Essential experience required for this position:
- 2 or more years Computer literate; Excel and Word proficiency
- 2 or more years ICD9 & ICD10 coding knowledge
- 2 or more years Prior experience in A/R follow-up with insurance or self-pay accounts