Meridian Medical Management is a leading provider of revenue cycle, EHR, business intelligence, analytics, and system integration services to a diversified set of physician groups, including multi-specialty medical groups, academic practices, accountable care organizations, specialty groups, and integrated delivery networks. Leveraging over a decade of experience, Meridian’s team of professionals enable some of the country’s most prestigious medical groups to optimize revenue cycle performance, secure actionable business intelligence and drive practice growth.Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
Performs follow up on outstanding physician claims as directed per the current A/R plan.
Identifies issues resulting in non-payment of claims due to internal/external issues.
Elevates significant issues to the Manager for further management interaction.
Works collaboratively with other operationally units to expediently resolve outstanding physician claims.
Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
Follows the General A/R and the Client Specific Guidelines.
Maintains baseline level of accounts/week.
Provides excellent customer service to patient and clients as needed.
Attention to detail with the ability to produce high quality work.
General knowledge of ICD-10 diagnostic and CPT procedural coding.
Thorough knowledge of third party carriers.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to identify and resolve problems.
Work effectively as part of a team.
Excellent customer service skills.
Excellent change management skills required due to a constant changing healthcare industry.
Ability to meet department standards regarding production and quality.
- Demonstrates effective, professional verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player who demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively to identify and help resolve enterprise-wide challenges.
- Exemplary professional demeanor and appearance
- Experience working with orthopedic specialty – not required but a plus!
- Knowledge of CPS in addition to Greenway practice management system - not required but a plus!
- Proficient computer skills; experience in CPS,Greenway, Athena a plus!
- High School Diploma required; Associates degree preferred.
- Prior ICD-10 diagnostic knowledge.
- Billing or Coding Certificate preferred.
Essential experience required for this position:
- 2+ years Computer literate; Excel and Word proficiency
- 2+ years ICD-10 coding knowledge
- 2+ years Prior experience in A/R follow-up with insurance or self-pay accounts