Meridian Blue is seeking safety conscious, hardworking, and dependable individuals who want to start their career in the wireless telecommunications industry. As a Tower Technicianyou will help with the construction, installation, and maintenance of communication towers and support structures.
The position responsibilities include:
- Heights:Ability toclimb towers every day at heights up to 500 feet and work freely in all climates.
- Safety:Ability to learn and acquire knowledge and recognition of the hazards associated with tower construction and how to perform work safely in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Travel:Willingness to work overtime and travel from home (including out-of-state) for up to 4 weeks at a time including weekends.
- Teamwork:You must be able to take direction, learn quickly on the job, and work in a team environment
- Tools:You must understand the basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Towers:Help with the construction, installation, and maintenance of towers.
Basic Requirements for Tower Technician I:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow company policies.
- Ability to pass background checks, DOT physical, and abide by Company Drug & Alcohol Policy
- Ability to pass and maintain CPR/First Aid AED, OSHA 10, RF Radiation Safety Awareness, and Competent Climber Certifications.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions
- Minnesota/Wisconsin resident or willing to relocate within 30 days of hire.
Physical Requirements for Top Hands:
- Ability & willingness to climb tall structures of 500 feet or more;
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs;
- Ability to bend, lift, twist, squat, kneel and sit for extended periods of time;
- Ability to reach, climb, and/or grasp ladders or other tall structures;
- Ability to perform a variety of labor-intensive tasks, operate power, and hand tools; and
- Ability to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions; this includes extreme temperatures (cold & heat).