ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING
- Posted: 28 days ago
- $85,000 to $91,250 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Oversees the nursing practices (i.e. monitoring patient conditions, psychopharmacological drugs, restraint use, referral response etc.) within the Acute Care Department.
· Assists the Director of Nursing Services in the design, implementation and evaluation of nursing systems that ensure consistent delivery of care that maintains and promotes client rights throughout Meridian.
· Conducts nursing rounds on all units alongside Nurse Managers. Serves as back up Charge Nurse, on an as-needed basis.
· Provides reports/recommendations as needed/required for nursing practices to the VP of Acute Care and Director of Nursing Services concerning the nursing services operations.
· Assists the Director of Nursing Services and VP of Acute Care in the development, implementation and evaluation of facility policies, procedures and guidelines on an annual and on-going basis (i.e. nursing, pharmacy, lab, physicians, medical records, etc.).
· Assists the Nurse Managers in ensuring that clients are free from abuse, mistreatment and neglect.
· Establish the administrative roles of the Nurse Managers on each unit.
· Assists the Nurse Managers and other staff in ensuring knowledge, awareness and compliance with Federal and State regulations relative to client and employee rights issues.
· Participates in the on-call rotation, as assigned.
· Develops policies, procedures and protocols for compliance and training, patient care and coordination of pharmacy and other services.
· Works with other EMT and other Departments to coordinate services and support the mission and goals of Meridian.
· Coordinates administrative and nursing functions at the CSU to improve patient care and to disseminate Meridian's goals for each unit/shift.
· Assists with hiring, employee relations and provide disciplinary actions as needed.
· Assist with staffing and scheduling for nursing and mental health technician staff as needed.
Minimum requirements necessary to effectively perform position responsibilities include graduation from an Accredited School of Nursing with at least a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or a Master's degree which is strongly preferred. Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida with 5-10 years of responsible nursing experience, preferably in a behavioral health care facility and 3-5 years in nursing management; basic computer skills; excellent communication and management skills or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience, respect for principles of resident rights, confidentiality, EEO and ADA.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
Nurses (RN & LPN)
Family Intervention Specialist
Emergency Screening Clinicians
Specialty Courts Coordinator
Director of Inpatient
Director of Admissions
Customer Service Specialist
Mental Health Techs & more!
Meridian Passion on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/197284641
Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. provides a comprehensive array of mental health and substance abuse services that are available to children, adults and the elderly. The following provides a summary listing of the types of services made available by Meridian:
Outpatient Services Rehabilitation Services
Residential Treatment Services
Substance Abuse Detoxification Services
Case Management Services
Crisis Stabilization Services
Medical Outpatient Services
Within these broad program categories the Center operates many specialized services and programs that are targeted toward all age and diagnostic groups. The goal of the company is to make available a full range of care, which will insure that all patients have access to the level of service most appropriate for their presenting problem. It is always the goal of treatment planning to make available services in the least restrictive setting possible.
Meridian is an EOE employer and drug free workplace
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.
Meridian Behavioral Healthcare
1565 SW Williston Road GainesvilleGainesville, FL
HealthcareView all jobs at Meridian Behavioral Healthcare
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?