This is an advanced professional clinical position providing physical medicine services and addiction medicine services to some of Meridian?s target populations. It requires that the physician work with patients and within a multi-disciplinary setting to provide patient care. Work is performed with a high degree of independence and reviewed through observation, peer review, conferences and reports.
- Provides timely and appropriate psychiatric, substance abuse and/or medical evaluation for patients to determine treatment needs.
- Provides medication management and ongoing care consistent with current practice standards.
- Documents services in a timely, accurate manner, consistent with Center procedure and applicable standards.
- Performs a sufficient volume of sufficient services to produce budgeted revenue.
- Provide consultation and training to fellows, residents, students, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other clinical staff, as needed.
- Professional services may be provided in an outpatient, inpatient or residential treatment setting.
- Complies with needed chart reviews, consultations and staffing required by Meridian policy or 3rd party standards.
- Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
- An M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical school, with completion of a 4-year psychiatric residence in an approved program.
- Must be Board Certified in Psychiatry or Board Eligible and possess license to practice medicine in the State of Florida.
- Must have knowledge of community mental health programs, services and practices and practical experience in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of psychiatric illnesses.
- Must have the ability to document and review services within an electronic medical record.
Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc.