Director of Gummy Product Development
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MeriCal LLC is a premier private label and contract manufacturer of dietary supplements in the United States. For over a combined 90 years, our team of industry experts have been at the forefront of category innovation, delivering product solutions designed for today’s market. MeriCal LLC is your trusted source for high-quality dietary supplements that focus on supporting consumer health and wellness. www.merical.com
MeriCal is driven by innovation and united in the pursuit of wellness.
What you will be doing:
The Director of Product Development will be responsible for driving focus on (1) future gummy product formulation and innovation as it relates to requirement from the sales team (2) reworking and expanding the current gummy product portfolio to include science-based ingredients in all formulations (3) oversee gummy product development and the transfer of technology to the manufacturing center (4) claims development and substantiation (5) managing internal the innovation and gummy formulation teams. This position will work closely with different teams including: Sales, Marketing, Technical Operations, Planning, Purchasing and Quality, with a key focus on the gummy formulation pipeline and gummy product improvement activities. The role manages R&D scientists internally and plays a critical role in the commercialization process, and as such, must possess the ability to juggle multiple tasks, communicate effectively and have a razor-sharp eye for detail. The Director of Product Development will report directly to the Chief Science Officer.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee all gummy formulation, pilot, and commercialization scale-up functions.
• Oversee the innovation team that evaluates new ingredients and technologies and catalog use potential for innovation and technical operations teams.
• Lead the gummy formulation team tasked with generating customized formulations based on customer requests and market intel as well as calculate costs and price quotes for all existing, modified, and new gummy product formulations and procedures.
• Lead the innovation team with the creation and clinical substantiation of innovative formulations.
• Drive the gummy innovation programs to deliver new and improved product opportunities consistent with business priorities.
• Work directly with clients to develop appropriate pectin-based gummy dietary supplement formulas for commerce.
• Interface with internal departments including purchasing, manufacturing, inventory control, quality assurance/quality control, sales and customer service as required.
• Build strategic partnerships with relevant external organizations to leverage and extend our technical capability and innovation pipeline.
• Participate in ideation, new ingredient and technology evaluation and recommendation, and provide technical guidance internally and externally and follow through with technically sound resolution.
• Participate in third-party audits and tours as needed to help ensure the facilities are to FDA standards regarding processes, cleanliness, and organization.
• Define, implement, and manage effective product strategies from a scientific and clinical perspective to support day-to-day business and drive growth.
• Accept additional assignments and responsibilities as deemed necessary by senior management.
• Minimum 10 years prior experience with expert knowledge of dietary supplement formulation and technology. A solid academic background or studies related to the nutritional food sciences.
• Starchless, pectin-based gummy experience a plus
• Knowledge of cGMP regulations a must
• Basic technical and business skills for management and commercialization of products in the dietary supplement industry.
• Must have demonstrably strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), include speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel with the utmost professionalism.
• Ability to handle multiple, rapidly changing and conflicting priorities.
• Independent, proactive, extremely detail oriented, dependable, organized and be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be results focused and oriented toward accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision while remaining productive at all times.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and technology used to accomplish product performance results.
• Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Understanding of formulation cost and pricing analysis
• Experience in Customer Relationship Management
• Ideal candidate will have a degree from an accredited university in a relevant technical field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• 10+ years’ experience working in research and development in the dietary supplement and nutraceuticals space. Gummy experience is highly preferred.
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
BusinessView all jobs at MeriCal, LLC
Get fresh Private Label Product Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.