We are seeking a knowledgeable and reliable optician at our San Diego Optometry practice!
We value good communication and interpersonal skills, dependability, efficiency, and a desire to continually learn.
We are looking for someone that can offer:
- A high level of customer service
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Active listening skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- General understanding of mathematics
- Strong computer skills
- Desire to learn more
- Show initiative
- Spanish speaking is a positive, but not required
You will be assisting in the treatment and care of patients by performing a variety of duties. Some of the responsibilities are:
- Answering phones, scheduling appointments, verifying and explaining insurance benefits
- Check patients in and out and collect appropriate fees
- Billing vision insurances accurately
- Checking emails, voicemails and responding in a timely manner
- Preparing patient charts and entering demographics into the database
- Patient pre-testing using optometric equipment
- Billing, ordering and dispensing contacts
- Contact lens insertion and removal instruction
- Other office duties as assigned
- Accurately complete tasks given, be willing to learn and be a team player
- Enter and maintain frame inventory
- Authorizing and billing vision insurance plans such as VSP, Eyemed, Spectera, MES and others
- A good understanding of lens materials, coatings and lens options
- Ability to dispense, adjust and perform minor repairs on glasses
- Confidently explain lens designs, digital surfacing, lens material abbe values, AR Coating benefits and more
- Neutralizing prescriptions on manual lensometer
- Ordering glasses and contact lenses
- Troubleshooting issues with eye wear and be able to come to a solution
We pride ourselves on educating our patients, therefore expect to explain the technical benefits of eye wear with confidence.
If you are someone with great customer service skills and have an outgoing, friendly attitude and passion to learn, we want to meet you!
Prior optician experience is required at a minimum of 2 years. Salary between $15-$18 will depend on qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time