OUR INCREDIBLE NURSES PROVIDE SPECIALIZED AND COMPREHENSIVE NURSING CARE TO TEENS IN SPECIALIZED YOUTH RECEPTION CENTER
Brief outline of essential tasks:
- Conduct Physical Health Assessments for Adolescents, including HIV Risk Assessments, Initial Nursing assessments, Safety Assessments, General First Aid and Triage Activities
- Routine Screening for Substance Abuse, Developmental Health, Mental health, Physical Body Checks for Signs of Abuse
- Routine management and training regarding chronic conditions (Asthma, Diabetes)
- Training and Health Education related to Sexual Reproductive Health
- Medication Administration
- Execute medical orders (tests, tasks, hospitalizations, etc.) as ordered by physician
- Ensure required documentation for all case actions (medical notes) are completed within established timeframes.
- Take vital signs, heights, and weights; document observations and activities
- Obtain certain lab specimens
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with clients and staff
Licensure as a Registered Nurse in New York State and current CPR certification and completion of required courses in Child Abuse and Infection Control. New Grads welcome. Happy to train!
We Offer: Competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package including liberal paid time off (PTO) and flexible work schedules.