MercyFirst is currently seeking a Foster Parent Training Coordinator!
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Must have and maintain a valid NYS Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: If no Bachelor’s Degree, then 3 years of experience in Residential Care with children and/or adolescents. Computer knowledge; ability to run reports and produce spreadsheets; strong planning and organizational skills.
Quick Summary of the Position:
As a Foster Parent Training Coordinator, you will be developing, scheduling and conducting orientations/training programs for our MercyFirst Foster Parents.
A Look at Your Daily Responsibilities:
- Hosting Foster Parent orientation meetings
- Developing monthly calendar of training activities
- Personally reaching out to Foster Parents to maximize engagement and participation
- Conducting surveys for training needs, and assessing evaluations completed by trainees
- Coordinating in-service training workshops, mailing training information and referrals for Foster Parents
- Monitoring that Foster Parents are in compliance, ensuring mandates are met by scheduling appropriate courses
- Maintaining the foster parent training curriculum, ensuring current and accurate information is taught
- Entering data of Foster Parent training info into appropriate computer systems
- Problem solving and potentially responding to emergencies
- Maintaining appropriate boundaries
Our Mission: MercyFirst, a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Mercy, inspires hope and promotes healing for children and families by providing quality human services and educational opportunities while advocating for social change.
What We Offer: Competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.