MercyFirst is currently seeking a Bilingual Care Manager!
(For our Brooklyn Location)
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field. Must maintain a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 2+ years work related experience with the knowledge and training in working with children and families including child development stages and family dynamics. Must be Bilingual Spanish speaking.
BRIEF SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Care Manager is responsible for the overall referral, coordination and collaboration of medical behavioral and social service system providers to an assigned caseload of children /youth and their caregivers.
A Look at Your Daily Responsibilities:
- Conduct care planning meetings/conferences
- Serve as an interdisciplinary team member to effectively provide/coordinate comprehensive and holistic care.
- Responsible for the overall referral, coordination and collaboration of medical, behavioral, and social service system providers to assigned cases
- Conduct client contact as required by mandates
- Document activities as required by mandates
- Function as an advocate for clients within the agency and external service providers
- Promote wellness and prevention by linking enrollees with resources and services based on their individual needs and preferences.
- Help client obtain and maintain public benefits necessary to gain health care services including Medicaid and cash assistance eligibility, social security, SNAP, housing, legal services, employment and training supports.
- Effectively communicate and share information with the individual and their family/other caregivers with appropriate consideration for language, literacy and cultural preferences.
- Respond to emergencies as needed and/or directed
- Maintain appropriate boundaries.
Our Mission: MercyFirst, a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Mercy, inspires hope and promotes healing for children and families by providing quality human services and educational opportunities while advocating for social change.
What We Offer: Competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.