Clinical Psychologist - Full-time, Days
MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center
Job Description Details:
The Clinical Psychologist provides predominantly outpatient psychological assessments with occasional brief assessments on the Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit. The clinical psychologist will work with a broad range of ages and diagnoses with the position being in an outpatient clinic within a hospital setting. The clinical psychologist will work with an interdisciplinary team including psychometrists who assist with administering and scoring the assessment measures. Referral sources have been established throughout North Iowa. Promotes the mental health of MercyOne North Iowa patients and the community and acts as a resource to medical staff and hospital colleagues to increase awareness and treatment of psychological issues.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. from graduate program approved by the American Psychological Association is required.
- Completion of APA-accredited predoctoral internship is preferred.
- Those who have not completed an APA-accredited internship must have completed an APPIC – approved internship.
- Licensed or license eligible as a psychologist in Iowa Must be eligible for admission to the National Register of Health Services Providers in Psychology or certification as an Iowa Health Service Provider in Psychology.
- One year of postdoctoral experience with demonstrated competence in providing evaluation and psychotherapy services is preferred.
- Competence in neuropsychology, as demonstrated by completion of a postdoctoral training program, is necessary for those psychologists providing primarily neuropsychology services.
Special Skills, Competencies, and Aptitudes
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in the ability to develop rapport and consult with all levels of medical and health center staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate ongoing competence in maintaining strict confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Displays competence with high level socialization skills and the ability to interact appropriately with staff and wide range of clientele under stressful conditions.
- Able to act as a model for stable lifestyle and personality.
- Must be free of psychological or substance abuse impairments that adversely affect job performance.
- Is willing to cooperate with formal, independent psychological evaluation if questions are raised in the above areas.
- Must demonstrate competence in writing psychological reports and in utilizing other documentation systems utilized in MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center Behavioral Health Care Departments.
- Demonstrates competence in administration of assessment measures.
- Ability to adhere to MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center colleague policies as described in the Employee Handbook.
MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center Offers:
- Competitive wages; including weekend and night differentials
- Benefit Package (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan) for positions 16 hours per week or greater
- Educational assistance
- Success Sharing - a bonus when the organization meets its goals
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of references, background checks, pre-employment physical, drug screen and post offer exam.