Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) provides high quality patient-focused services to ensure that the individual needs and desires of the patient’s customer services encounter are met, regardless of age or gender, on a continuing basis by performing the duties outlined below. The CSR position is extremely important as being the first point of contact made either personally or by telephone. It is also the last form of contact the patient will have. The CSR will perform routine but varied clerical duties in accordance with the standard procedures of the department. The CSR shall apply knowledge of department policies and procedures in order to maintain and file patient records, prepare forms, verify information, and resolve routine office problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains appropriate clinical/clerical standards. Follows the policy and procedures as written in the Company Policy and Procedure Manual.
- The CSR will follow all scripting provided for patient interactions.
- Receives incoming telephone calls with provided scripting, exercises judgment to prioritize calls, and courteously direct calls to the appropriate personnel in a prudent and efficient manner.
- Greets patients in a friendly manner and collects insurance card and Identification. Communicate with patient you are verifying their insurance. Respectfully asks the patient to fill out the patient information form to obtain and record name, address, age, persons to notify in case of emergency, attending Physician, pharmacy, and individual or insurance company responsible for payment of bill.
- Enters patient admitting information into computer and adds patient on clinic schedule.
- Receives payment on account and performs necessary accounting duties in accordance with the standard procedures of the department.
- Responsible for daily ledger balancing and preparation of bank deposits.
- Performs duties which may be assigned from time to time by Managers and Administration.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities, staff educational programs, attends departmental meetings, and demonstrates and maintains competency in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Other duties as needed.
Education and/or Experience High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of EMR, DocuTap, Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word Processing software.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and/or crouch. The employee must frequently lift supplies and/or equipment and may be responsible for lifting, positioning, and/or transferring patients.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee may be exposed to infectious or contagious diseases and a variety of electromechanical hazards.
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in the described position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all position duties and skills required of the individual classified in this position.
MercyOne Urgent Care
800 East First StreetAnkeny, IA
Get fresh Customer Service Representatives jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.