We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service. We have opportunities for nurses who are inspired to pioneer new models of care and want to transform the healthcare experience. Work with advanced technology and innovative procedures. Be state of the art, and never stop exploring.
Our team consists of Registered Nurses and Patient Care Associates. We work closely with the Stroke Coordinator to care for Acute Stroke and TIA patients. As Neuro patients require frequent assessments to assess for subtle changes in condition, we are always on the go and working as a team to ensure only the best care for our patients. We provide Stroke education to those interested who may not have had any formal training.
The most common pulmonary diagnoses we see are COPD, respiratory failure, asthma, and pneumonia. Our pulmonary patients may be on high flow oxygen, BiPAP, or have tracheostomies or chest tubes. These patients require complex assessment, aggressive therapies and interventions, and continuous nursing vigilance to ensure positive outcomes and get our patients back to their lives.
What we have to offer
- 12-hr shifts with every third weekend rotation
- Fellowship opportunities
- Benefits effective day 1 for eligible coworkers (48+ hours/period)
- Evening/Night/Weekend Incentive Pay
- RN to BSN Bridge Program for nurses desiring to pursue a BSN
- BSN Incentive for nurses who have completed a BSN program
- RN Loan Forgiveness Program **
**RN Loan Forgiveness Program to aide in paying off your student loan debt. Up to $5,000 per year over a period of 4 ½ years ($20,000 cap). Must graduate within prior 12-months of employment with Mercy as a registered nurse to qualify.
- We require a nursing degree from an accredited school
- You’ll also need a current RN license in Missouri
- Basic life support, through the American Heart Association, is required and some floors may require additional certifications (ACLS, PALS, CCRN, etc.)
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Getting respect doesn’t come easy in healthcare. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision.