16401_21770 CT Scan - OA
Expected Weekly Hours:
Job Description Details:
Position Title: CT Technologist (537)
I Accountability Objectives:
Performs computerized tomography procedures for the evaluation of pathological entities as prescribed by a physician. Assumes responsibility and maintains the general care and safety of patients during diagnostic procedures.
II Position Qualifications:
Minimum Education, Licensure / Certification and Experience Required.
- Must be a graduate of a formal program in Radiology Technology in an JRCERT approved school.
- Must be registered and in good standings with American Registry of Radiologic Technologist.
- Current Advanced certification in Computerized Tomography or must complete Advance registry within on year of the hire date.
- ARRT and CT certification
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Complete understanding of cross-sectional anatomy and medical terminology.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to interact well with patients, staff, physicians and other practitioners.
- Must possess analytical skills necessary to resolve equipment, patient routing and staff problems.
- Ability to stand, walk and lift patients and related medical equipment.
- Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in order to deal effectively with various levels of hospital personnel, outside customers and community groups.
ARRT certification with two years as a registered technologist.
Preferred 1 year experience in CT.
III Duties / Responsibilities:
- Completes all necessary work sheets, patient records and documentation. Processes scans and related functions as needed.
- Assists Radiologist in performing complex sterile diagnostic procedures such as biopies.
- Administers intravenous contrast media to include utilization of power injectors. Monitors patient for possible reactions as appropriate to the study and provides immediate care to patient if a reaction should occur.
- Perform a wide range of computerized tomography procedures. Operation of CT equipment, power injectors, PACS, RIS system and processing of films.
- Assist physician in performing procedures in the procedure room.
- Maintain professional and ethical relationships with all customers, as necessary to preserve optimal quality of care.
- Provide on call coverage as needed in the Computerized Tomography area.
- Perform general nursing duties consistent with meeting the needs of the patient if needed.
- Perform clerical duties related to patient chart documentation, radiology files, billing and procession of images into PACS and conventional filming.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of St. Joseph Mercy Oakland through performing behaviors consistent with the Trinity Health Values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations, the Trinity Health Organizational Integrity Program, including the Standards of Conduct, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
- Supports and conducts one's self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, determines that appropriate charges have been entered for the correct patient, encounter, date/time of service, with any required modifiers. Make corrections as needed per charge capture policy/practice.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, actively participates in on-going education and communication regarding revenue management.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, assists with tracking and monitoring of equipment assigned to the unit. Requests services for maintaining equipment as needed.
- In accordance with unit or departmental practice, proficient with the electronic health records for documentation, assessment, and care management, performing these activities concurrently with provision of care throughout the shift.
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation, serving diverse communities that include more than 30 million people across 22 states. Trinity Health includes 94 hospitals, as well as 109 continuing care locations that include PACE programs, senior living facilities, and home care and hospice services. Its continuing care programs provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Based in Livonia, Mich., and with annual operating revenues of $17.6 billion and assets of $24.7 billion, the organization returns $1.1 billion to its communities annually in the form of charity care and other community benefit programs. Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, Trinity Health is known for its focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, the organization is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services - ranked by number of visits - in the nation, as well as the nation's leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs. For more information, visit www.trinity-health.org at http://www.trinity-health.org/ . You can also follow @TrinityHealthMI on Twitter.