Senior Residential Counselor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Residential Counselor
What's the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding profession? Being a part of something bigger. At Mercy Haven, we are committed to ending homelessness on Long Island by providing homes and services to populations in-crisis, including those living with mental illness, homeless families, veterans, and the elderly. Our excellent benefits package and investment in our employees' success got us voted a Newsday Top Workplace on Long Island.
- Supervise household management activities to ensure conformance with program standards
- Responsible for coordinating shopping, cooking, laundry, maintenance, recreation, meal planning and household functions, etc., of the household
- Coordinate staff contacts with local service providers as needed to assist residents in accessing services and to jointly plan for discharge
- Schedule staff coverage of residence along with administrator
- Maintenance and submission of payroll and petty cash requests
- Conduct scheduled house meetings with residents
- Ensure that residents are fully apprized of requirements of the program and ensure compliance
- Train and assist residents in activities of daily living skills and assist residents in financial management when necessary
- Provide counseling, behavioral intervention and crisis management service
- Responsible for on-call duties and proper notification of Administrator or Program Director of all medical/psychiatric emergencies; on-call duties of 3 residences on a rotating basis
- Write progress notes on a daily basis of resident's activities
- Responsible for medication procedures of residence
- Responsible for the overall supervision of service planning, case conferences, discharge planning as well as Medicaid billing and rehabilitative services
- Assist and or model the various techniques required to maintain a clean and healthy living environment
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma and five years of related experience or
- Associate's Degree in Human Services and three years of related experience or
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services and some related experience such as relevant internships
Note: related experience refers to working with people living with mental illness or other disabilities that require assistance in day-to-day living.
Full-time Shift (37.5 hours) Sunday through Wednesday (7:00 am - 3:00 pm), Thursday (8:00 am - 4:00 pm)
- Full Benefits Package including Medical, Company-Paid Dental and Vision Single Coverage. Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) for medical plan.
- Generous Paid Time Off policies, including vacation and sick time.
- Agency paid Basic Life Insurance. Supplemental Employee, Spouse and Child Life Insurance policies, Long Term Disability (LTD), Short Term Disability (STD), 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more at mercyhaven.org
MERCY HAVEN IS COMMITTED TO A POLICY OF EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST AN APPLICANT OR EMPLOYEE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, GENETIC PREDISPOSITION, CREED, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE VICTIM STATUS, DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED CATEGORY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressBay Shore, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Mercy Haven
Get fresh Senior Residential Counselor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.