Personal Care Aide (Per Diem)
Mercy Haven Bayport, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Personal Care Aide (Per Diem)
IMMEDIATE HIRE - 2 NEEDED
Mercy Haven, a non-profit housing agency, currently has an opening for a PER DIEM PERSONAL CARE AIDE. In this role, you would be based at the Pleasant Gardens Adult Home, a 26-bed facility located in Bayport which provides 24-hour supervision, personal care, meals, housekeeping, laundry service, transportation, daily recreational activities, and medication management.
Mercy Haven provides both temporary and permanent housing and supportive services to those in need on Long Island. Established in 1985, Mercy Haven, Inc. is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit corporation.
In this role, you will work directly with individual residents and assist them in activities associated with daily living and hygiene. Your assistance helps eliminate the struggles of daily living and enhances skills such as proper daily hygiene. Additionally, you are responsible for household cleaning and other specific responsibilities as outlined below (depending on your shift).
- In the morning, make sure residents are up, washed and dressed
- Help anyone who needs assistance to go to the main floor for breakfast
- A.M. medication pass
- After breakfast, assist residents to go to activities, lounges, etc.
- Make beds
- Afternoon medication pass
- Help anyone who needs assistance to go to the main floor for lunch
- Serve lunch
- After lunch, assist residents to go to activities, lounges, etc.
- Change bed linens once a week or as needed
- All shifts must bring soiled linens and clothes and place them in appropriate bins for laundry
- Wash, dry, fold all sorted linen and clothes assigned to you for cleaning.
- Carry out all assigned housekeeping duties and chores (per the daily chore schedule)
- Carry out all kitchen duties/wash and wipe down entire kitchen
- At the end of each shift, departing employees take out the garbage
- Check all residents throughout the day: proper shoes, clean clothes (NEW EACH DAY), facial hair, hair groomed, smelling nice
- Write in aides' book daily noting anything wrong on your shift (or if there is nothing to report, indicate that there is nothing to report)
- Ensure personal hygiene supplies are available and stocked for residents
- Overnight - clean house, restock supplies, fold laundry, enter progress notes, be available to residents as needed.
- Other tasks as needed or assigned
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Personal Care Aide (PCA) certificate or equivalent experience in the field
- Training in First Aid & CPR required
- Clean, valid driver's license required
- Physical & PPD required
Valid New York State Driver's License and regular access to a vehicle with proper insurance is required.
Per Diem hours available - MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR WEEKENDS AND OVERNIGHT SHIFTS
MERCY HAVEN IS COMMITTED TO A POLICY OF EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST AN APPLICANT OR EMPLOYEE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, GENETIC PREDISPOSITION, CREED, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE VICTIM STATUS, DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED CATEGORY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Personal CareView all jobs at Mercy Haven