Under close supervision, evaluates, investigates and adjusts routine comprehensive coverage claims in a timely and efficient manner. Resolves payment of charges incurred from various automobile services, such as rental cars, towing and labor. Maintains diary of files in pending and update file information to ensure accurate record of claims; continually reviews and monitors progress and expense of claims in pending.
Essential Job Functions:
• Obtains information to evaluate facts of loss, including law enforcement reports, loss history and information from interested parties. Reviews coverage and claims process with customers. Sets reserves, coordinates material damage features for inspection, sets up initial rental, and may make referrals to SIU as needed.
• Researches and responds timely to customer inquiries and/or concerns throughout the life of a claim to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
• Maintains file information to ensure accurate record of claims; continually reviews and monitors progress and expense of claims in pending.
• Settles and authorizes payment with claimants and unrepresented parties.
• Identify and escalate files with more significant indemnity exposure or attorney representation to supervisor for review/transfer for further investigation.
• Regular attendance at work on a full-time schedule of at least 8 hours and 40 hours per week
• Other functions may be assigned
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Insurance Adjuster’s license may be required in applicable states
• Customer service experience preferred; experience with handling high call volumes and escalations a plus.