The Oncology Medical Education team operates within a Commercial Services center of excellence to develop and deliver promotional medical education communication strategy and tactical offerings. Strategies and tactics address the evolving educational needs of customers as aligned to both the overarching brand strategy and individual tumor opportunities.
The Senior Specialist will lead the development and delivery of integrated promotional medical education communication plans and digital resources/tactics supporting the strategic imperatives. This will include the development of communication plans and tactics for specific tumors for use in both the US and Global markets aimed at driving evolution of franchise-wide promotional medical education strategies and communication frameworks for use across markets.
The selected candidate will ensure all activities are in full compliance with appropriate regulations and company policies, and will effectively apply and articulate the promotional medical education strategy across stakeholders and work efforts.
- Lead the Promotional Medical Education Agency and channel distribution partners and their Statement of Work inclusive of the creation, approval and delivery of individual programs and tactics across formats and channels. Responsible for budget management processes for assigned projects, and managing expenses within our Company guidelines.
- Leverage customer insights, best practices and utilization metrics to inform choices and the development of promotional medical education content, format and channel strategies and to identify and champion innovation.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Expert Engagement, Market Research, Local Markets and others to ensure strategically aligned, customer relevant programming ensuring communication objectives align with the intent of the promotional asset and channel capability.
- Collaborates across business partners, Legal, Medical, Office of Promotion and Advertising Review and Marketing Operations during the review, approval and production steps of the promotional process. Applies the appropriate compliance policies and regulatory guidance to the delivery of promotional program and resources.
- Lead annual planning and day to day accountability for the operational proficiency of assigned Agencies and other channel outsourced vendors..
- Drives measurement and improvement of promotional effectiveness across the integrated promotional plan and within the promotional medical education business processes.
- Demonstrates leadership behaviors and maintains alignment to all our Company Human Health compliance goals and policies.
- Bachelor Degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience in marketing or marketing support of pharmaceutical products.
- Demonstrated ability to execute a brand or customer marketing strategy.
- Minimum 1 year Agency management experience
- Experience and success in cross-functional change management and leadership.
- Excellent planning and communication skills
- Masters in Business Administration
- Marketing/Marketing Support within the Oncology Marketplace.
- Experience supporting both US and Global markets
- Product launch or launch planning experience.
- Market research experience.
Who we are ...
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth .
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Secondary Language(s) Job Description
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEOC GINA Supplement at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocginasupplement.pdf
OFCCP EEO Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Requisition ID: R25581