The primary purpose for this position is to perform triage on incoming technical service inquiries and complaints, determining which need to be forwarded to veterinarians for input. This position satisfies compliance requirements for handling and processing adverse drug experiences and product quality complaints, ensuring that all aspects of complaint processing are completed within specified time frames. Incumbent must develop technical expertise with our Company Animal Health companion animal product line to answer inquiries from customers, pet owners and sales representatives.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
Telephone Support & Triage for Technical Inquiries and Complaint Handling - 70%
- Handling phone calls to the Technical Services 800-line, faxes, written correspondence, e-mail and website inquiries from veterinarians, pet owners, MAH and distributor sales representatives and breeders regarding questions pertaining to on-label product indications and usage and competitor product comparisons.
- Handling and processing all complaints not requiring veterinary intervention, including product quality complaints and selected categories of efficacy and adverse reaction complaints.
- Identifying trends and initiating product testing procedures to help resolve product complaints.
- Tracking all complaints requiring product testing through Global Quality and following up with the customer.
- Retrieving, processing and following-up on all product complaints submitted by our after-hours agencies.
- Assisting pharmacovigilance veterinarians in processing and following through on product complaints, including:
- Correspondence with customers/pet owners.
- Uploading correspondence/medical records into the complaint database.
- Reviewing medical records for accuracy and forwarding to PV Veterinarians.
- Reviewing compensation requests.
- Processing check requests.
- Contacting complainants for follow-up and updating the complaint database.
- Serving as the primary contact for product quality issues, product testing procedures and warranty issues.
- When appropriate, initiating the return of product samples from the field for quality assurance testing, ensuring timely return of the product, forwarding samples to Global Quality and initiating return of samples for destruction when appropriate.
- Uploading quality assurance testing results into the complaint database and following up with the complainant.
- Representing our Company Animal Health at veterinary conventions or meetings.
- Attend continuing education seminars at veterinary conventions and sharing that information with intra- and interdepartmental MAH personnel.
- Contacting sales representatives on potential sales leads.
- Notifying marketing managers/directors when receiving feedback on MAH or competitive product information or trends in the veterinary marketplace.
- Assist with special projects, such as diagnostic testing programs when assigned.
- Provide administrative support for the veterinary school program (if needed).
- Provide support to sales training when requested.
- Provide administrative or training support at meetings or national sales meetings.
- Provide pharmacovigilance data & reports if requested
- Required: BA/BS in Animal Science, Biology, or Science degree.
- Minimum 1 year Pharmacovigilance experience and/or experience in the field of Animal Science.
- Must have strong computer skills including experience in Word, Excel, Outlook, and working with databases, etc.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, interacting with various levels within the business as well as external customers.
- Experience working with product knowledge, database fundamentals, and internal and external compliance regulations.
- Knowledge of parasiticide products within the animal health industry
- Previous experience working in a call-center or customer service.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEOC GINA Supplement at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocginasupplement.pdf
OFCCP EEO Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Requisition ID: R33768