Our Oncology team is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of forward-thinking individuals achieve this through an unwavering commitment to support accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic solutions, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. Our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
The Oncology Key Account Manager is the primary Oncology point of contact for our Company with large Oncology group practices and integrated delivery networks that have a focus on Oncology and Hematology. This is a critical role in establishing our Company as a leader in Oncology and our commitment to supporting the efforts of Oncology healthcare providers in improving patient health outcomes and becoming a trusted resource in demonstrating value.
The Oncology Key Account Manager will be responsible for calling on large Oncology Group practices and integrated delivery networks in the areas of Great Plains (MN, ND, SD, WI, IA, NE). The candidate must live within the geography.
Primary Activities & Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Serves as the primary interface for the Oncology business of the customer account and is responsible for the overall customer experience with Oncology stakeholders in the account.
- For Integrated Delivery Network or multi-specialty accounts, the OKAM will coordinate with the Account Executive who has overall "quarterback" responsibilities for these accounts.
- Establishes relationships and maintains an effective communication network with the customer at multiple levels, including corporate personnel, medical directors in charge of provider networks, quality directors, service line leaders, pharmacy directors and financial directors.
- Conducts internal business strategy discussions and performance reviews routinely to ensure that the Director of Commercial Operations, Customer Team Leader(s), Customer Team Representative(s) and other GHH Personnel understand the customer's business strategy and appropriately support it at all levels.
- Proactively meets with customers to solicit feedback and adjust plans on a regular basis.
- Provides approved, disease and product information and resources to key decision makers and stakeholders at the executive and implementation level within oncology accounts.
- Maintains knowledge of oncology standards of care and emerging clinical trends, relevant diagnostics, and genetic testing advances and is able to articulate approved, on-label product information related to these topics.
- Understands principles of health economics and the clinical implications. Shares specific customer requests with Medical Affairs point for the account to enable appropriate customer engagement when relevant and aligned to account coverage.
- Understands Oncology specific quality initiatives and discusses them using approved Company resources and messages.
- Develops decision maker relationships in order to support clinical protocol development and care pathway placement with approved, on-label information and resources related to our Company's products.
- Engages the Medical Affairs personnel as appropriate in order to properly address customer needs.
- Refers requests for off-label information to the headquarters Professional Information Request process.
- Conducts oncology-specific market profiling activities to ensure a deep understanding of regional and local health care delivery, influencers and payer systems by the oncology account team .
- Knowledgeable on health economics information related to population management and quality and engages in discussions of them using approved resources. Shares specific customer requests with the Medical Affairs point for the account to enable appropriate engagement when aligned to account coverage
- Knowledgeable on reimbursement relevant to oncology products and provides approved information related to reimbursement process and support for Merck oncology products.
- Knowledgeable on relevant quality metrics, clinical protocols, care pathways, relative cost of care and P4P initiatives.
- Proactively identifies business opportunities with assigned accounts and leads appropriate coordination of effort by the Oncology account team, e.g. supports contracting pull-through with accounts.
- Understands current state and emerging trends in business operations affecting Oncology practice management such as payer initiatives, approved patient financial assistance offerings, EMR capabilities, and pathway development.
- Gains deep knowledge of each assigned account through internal research and proactive gathering and integration of information from various stakeholders within the account, e.g. business model, relevant business metrics, unique challenges, and strategic goals.
- Develops a breadth of relationships within each account to ensure an understanding of each account's objectives, goals, and challenges and identifies approved Oncology resources that are aligned to the customer's needs.
- Account interactions include, but are not limited to, Oncology "c-suite" executives, Oncology service line leaders and decision makers within large Oncology group practices, integrated delivery networks, Oncology institutions, Oncology physicians groups, and other Oncology key stakeholders who directly impact clinical practice.
- Sets vision, objectives, strategies and plan for use of approved tactics by Oncology account team members, focused on mutual goals of addressing customer's aligned needs, achieving business objectives, and improving patient health outcomes.
- Coordinates effectively with other GHH personnel to bring approved Company information and resources to Oncology decision makers in assigned accounts.
- Demonstrates commitment to compliance through understanding of regulations and policies that govern customer interactions and consistent focus on ensuring compliance with them.
- Demonstrates leadership among peers by consistently communicating a clear and appropriate strategy for each assigned account and ensuring the efficient and effective use of approved Company resources and personnel to achieve business objectives consistent with our Company's policies and become a trusted resource for the customer to help improve patient health outcomes.
- Develops and leads an integrated Oncology approach for product launch within each account. Proactively engages account team members to plan, effectively implement and evaluate launch activities within accounts.
- Consistently maintains a future focus on emerging trends and patient care needs in oncology, uncovering and reporting underlying issues that may inform broad or account-specific strategies.
Required Education Minimum , Experience and Skills Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS)
- Minimum of 2 years' current/recent experience in oncology field working with key thought leaders and/or influential customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Strong understanding of the Oncology therapeutic area and the current Oncology marketplace
- Keen interpersonal skills, including abilities to interact with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and to influence senior levels of management, key thought leaders, and customers
- Strong presentation and training skills, including the ability to understand, distill, and communicate complex scientific and public health-related concepts to diverse audiences
- Strong peer leadership and ability to collaborate with and coordinate activity among individuals in different reporting structures across a matrix organization
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to understand how decisions fit into the broader context of corporate strategies
- Technologically-proficient (e.g., MS Office Suite, iPad)
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, PharmD)
- People Management experience in healthcare industry
- Work experience in variety of strategic and executional pharmaceutical or health care roles (e.g., sales, marketing, account management, operations, market research