Our Territory Representatives interact face to face with our customers, understand their needs and consult to offer the right solutions. We work collaboratively in Field Sales Teams and play a critical role in supporting our customer centric business model.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage a sales territory focusing on selling our Company's Animal Health Companion Animal products in the assigned markets. To make daily sales calls to customers and to develop and maintain relationships with Veterinary Shelters, Animal Control Agencies and Key Opinion Leaders within the Animal Control/Shelter Industry. This role will cover the Dallas, Houston TX and New Orleans, LA. territory. Territory is subject to change and may expand/contract depending on business needs.
Background & Education:
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant sales experience. Experience selling animal health products is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated motivation and focus on achieving measurable, tangible results.
- Commitment to collaboration as the normal mode of working and resolving problems.
- Demonstrated understanding of positions' contribution to the business goals and willingness to adopt changes to current processes to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to independently understand customers' evolving needs and expectations and combines with knowledge of customers' organization and culture to drive results.
- Effective application of selling techniques and approaches, simultaneously managing multiple customers/accounts at different stages of the sales process, articulating the value of AH products using approved resources.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and manage a diverse mix of accounts independently within a territory, including some complex accounts, and to develop plans based on unique opportunities and customer needs.
- Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to use an iPad.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Ability to travel overnight and some weekend activity
- Sales experience and/or experience within the Animal Health industry
- Knowledge of animal health biological and pharmaceutical products.
- Understanding or past experience working with distribution.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but is not required.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEOC GINA Supplement at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocginasupplement.pdf
OFCCP EEO Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Requisition ID: R34155