Our Market Access team monitor population demographics and develop solutions to give patients access to our medicines. We act as both educators and advocates for our products, processes, and practices that help us revolutionize how our medicines create value in society.
The Associate Director Market Access will work closely with agency partners, internal brand colleagues, promotions, internal communications, pricing, policy, legal, health economics outcomes research, and Organized Customer Access and Reimbursement teams to inform the strategies to support current indications and launch future mono-therapies and combination. This role will report to the Director, Oncology Market Access.
The Associate Director Market Access will be responsible for supporting Brand products tactical execution and development of strategy, as well as critical internal functions (Organized Customer Access and Reimbursement, Marketing, Integrated Account Management Teams, CORE, Medical Affairs, etc.).
This role will focus on collaborating with brand marketing teams, agency partners and focus on customer segments (e.g. health plans, Medicare, Medicaid, federal, pharmacy, hospital, Group Purchasing Organization s, etc.).
- Work closely with our Company's internal functions (promotions management, communications, medical affairs, etc.), brand marketing, etc. and external agency partners to develop customer specific strategies and execute as appropriate to achieve access for patients and achieve growth.
- Develop comprehensive payer/ market access strategies and execute across relevant Company teams, for current and future indications and must be aligned to the brand marketing objectives.
- Input into development and then execute on payer value propositions, pricing strategies, channel specific strategies and branded promotional initiatives.
- Main point responsible and accountable for resource support, on-going planning around messaging, and communications for field facing teams at our Company (e.g. Oncology Sales Teams, Key Accounts, etc.)
- Provide input from US perspective into Global Access Teams, new product planning teams, Health Economics and Outcomes Research and business development opportunities as they emerge.
- Work cross-functionally within our Company, including Organized Customer Access and Reimbursement, Market Research, policy team, Global Market Access, Health Economics and Outcomes Research , compliance, legal, pricing and others to understand build a value proposition for collaboration oncology medicines that allow for access and reimbursement that is consistent with label.
- Understand impact of costs on patient including out of pocket costs associated with mono and combo therapies, within both pharmacy and medical benefit
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA
- Minimum of (5) years combined experience in Pharmaceutical Marketing, Marketing Customer Management, Managed Care or Sales
- Minimum of (2) years oncology payer experience
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, problem solving, analytical critical thinking and planning skills
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Proficient at leading across diverse department and roles and effectively engaging senior management
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare trends and policy issues and their potential impact upon Merck business opportunities
- 25% Travel
- AD Level of Marketing or Managed Care/Payer Marketing
- Experience in Oncology
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEOC GINA Supplement at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocginasupplement.pdf
OFCCP EEO Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Requisition ID: R10459