Global logistics within our company's Global Clinical Supply Compliance Operations is responsible for ensuring compliant imports/exports aligned with local Customs and other government agency regulations and our company's Global Trade Compliance (GTC) standards. This will include developing and implementing related processes and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies, regulations, and laws. Position will work with Global Trade Compliance (GTC), GCS and MMD Regional Leads, site shipping personnel, Clinical, and Research stakeholders across all global company locations. The position will also interact with Logistics, Clinical Country Operations, and external vendors/shippers. Key challenges will include influencing all constituents and stakeholders to follow trade policy and procedures and solving shipment specific issues when they arise.
Specifically, this role:
- Provide global support to deploy our company's Compliance strategic goals and objectives aligned closely with business objectives.
- Assures trade compliance with global and site regulations as applies to all processes, sites, and resources.
- Contribute to developing strategic programs in Global Clinical Supplies and the rest of our research & development division to ensure compliance with Global import and export regulations.
- Identify opportunities for trade compliance process improvements within GCS, Global Clinical Trial Operations, and Discovery, Preclinical and Early Development.
- Support our research & development division Trade Compliance Ops global footprint.
- Contribute to maintaining and implementing trade compliance country-level Standard Business Procedures, tools, systems, and training to ensure compliance and to ensure the appropriate processes are properly incorporated into GCS and the rest of our research & development division operations.
- Partners with area Subject Matter Experts within or outside GCS on cross-functional initiatives, as appropriate.
- Ensure trade attributes are stored and communicated to brokers and government agencies compliantly.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry of which a minimum of 5 years functional expertise working with logistical 3rd party vendors
- Understanding of Customs regulations and other partner government agency trade regulations
- Prior hands-on experience using Microsoft products (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Prior experience with global trade management systems like SAP Global Technical Services or other similar databases, very desirable.
- Good project management skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sustained level of high performance while quickly processing high volumes of work
- Awareness of diversity
Who we are ...
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth .
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEOC GINA Supplement at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocginasupplement.pdf
OFCCP EEO Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Requisition ID: R42880