Our Oncology team is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of forward-thinking individuals achieve this through an unwavering commitment to support accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic solutions, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. Our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
Associate Director, Oncology Sales/Account Management Implementation Planning
This role is responsible for developing and managing processes to lead and support the implementation and execution of the overall business plans for the US Oncology customer facing teams, including Sales and Key Account Management. This position reports to the Associate Vice President of Sales with a dotted line into the Executive Director, Key Account Management and closely interacts with the Commercial Oncology Leadership Team.
The Operations role works across all major internal functions (Sales, Account Management, Organized Customer Access and Reimbursement, Marketing, Planning, and Commercial Learning and Development) to enable operational efficiencies, drive sales force and Oncology Key Account Manager effectiveness.
Also works to increase consistency and cross-functional coordination between the sales organization, Oncology Key Account Manager's and key stakeholders.
- Work closely with sales and Account Management leadership (Associate Vice President , Director of Commercial Operations 's, Executive Director, Oncology Key Account Manager's and Organized Customer Access and Reimbursement) to identify and project manage productivity improvements/enhancements for the customer facing teams.
- Coordinates all operational efforts for sales teams and key account management teams, including Oncology sales representatives and Customer Team Leader Advisory Board, Business Reviews, etc.
- Collaborate closely with Pan-Franchise team (Field Execution, Key Account Marketing and Pan-tumor team) and other key stakeholders on launch planning, national meetings, field communications and other key activities in support of sales organization and Oncology Key Account Manager's.
- Achieve superb execution of sales force initiatives as well as execution of the key account strategy. Assist Associate Vice President , ED Account Management and sales management teams to implement sales force strategic initiatives - works closely with Dir Strategic Planning
- Work with marketing and Organized Customer Access and Reimbursement to develop appropriate resources and tactics through the Internal Profit Planning process for sales and account management functions.
- Manage End to End meetings to gather input prior from sales and account management
- Manage all key projects for sales organization and account management teams as assigned, including Oncology sales representatives / Oncology Key Account Manager Advisory Boards, Customer Team Leader Advisory Boards and manage the Oncology Business Updates
- Ensure sales force and account management support functions work together to maximize effectiveness for the sales teams
- Proactive identification of opportunities for sales and account management process improvement. Work closely with sales leadership and account management leadership to inspect sales /Oncology Key Account Manager process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Facilitate an organization of continuous process improvement
- Foster a culture where individuals' skills, collaboration, empowerment, and teamwork are maximized
- Attend cross functional meetings in the home office and represent Associate Vice President of Sales and ED Key Account Management
- Participate in field visits to better understand the needs of the customer facing organization
This position is responsible for project management activities - logistical, tactical and strategic (as assigned by Associate Vice President of Sales) involved with improving the sales efficiency and effectiveness for sales organization of 800 employees.
Accountable to increase consistency and cross-functional coordination between the Sales, Oncology Key Account Manager, Organized Customer Access and Reimbursement, Marketing, CL&D and its key stakeholders.
Ongoing interaction and team work with (Associate Vice President , Executive Director's, Director of Commercial Operations 's, Customer Team Leader 's, Oncology Key Account Manager 's, Organized Customer Access and Reimbursement,
and Oncology sales representatives).
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communication, project management, planning, organization, facilitation, and consultative skills to influence decision-making
- Strong judgment, prioritization, and decision-making skills, with understanding of broader context of corporate strategies
- Proactive nature and ability to manage change, anticipate risks, and design controls or mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, mentor, manage, and provide clear expectations and priorities, with or without direct authority, by inspiring and creating a shared vision
- Comfort and confidence in working with diverse teams and backgrounds
- Requires approximately 10-20 % travel, including some weekends
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Variety of work experience in sales, marketing, account management, operations, and/or payer
- Extensive design/implementation and past success with Commercial Model structural evolution
- Joint venture or co-promotion work experience
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide
Who we are ...
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss