About Merchants Metals
We’re one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fence systems in North America. With 35 distribution center locations, 5 manufacturing facilities, and a 60-year legacy of providing quality fencing and accessories, Merchants Metals continues to be the contractor and architect choice for excellence. Our complete line of products includes perimeter security solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
Why Join the Merchants Metals Team?
Our employees are part of a culture that values and promotes personal growth and development. We understand that to be a market leader we must be committed not only to our products, but also to our people. It’s our talent that helps make Merchants Metals the first name in fence solutions.
Are you looking for a great opportunity?
We are currently seeking 2nd and 3rd Shift Chain Link Weaving Machine Operators for our Houston, TX manufacturing plant. Reporting to the Production Supervisor with daily guidance from Line Lead, the Weaving Machine Operators will operate a machine that takes raw steel wire of various thicknesses and weaves it into a role of chain link fence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate multiple weaving machines at a fast, steady pace
- Ensure continuous feed of steel strand and output of finished chain link fencing
- Perform operator maintenance and lubrication activities
- Deliver consistent quality product, packaged to meet customer expectations
- Clean machinery, maintain the surrounding area, keeping area free of debris
- Operate industrial fork truck in a safe manner
- Fast paced, high-energy individual with a willingness to learn.
- 1-2+ years of experience and successful work history in a heavy manufacturing industrial environment.
- Technical machine background is not necessary but must demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Must understand the concepts and purpose behind working safely in a manufacturing environment.
- This is a physically demanding, high speed position. Candidates must have recent success working in job requiring standing, bending and lifting in an industrial production environment for shifts of 8-12 hours in length.
Merchants Metals employees and their qualified family members have the opportunity to participate in industry leading benefits programs which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for Employees, Spouses, Dependents &/or entire Family
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Convenient 24/7 Doctor Visits through LiveHealth Online
- Legal Assistance via Legal Shield
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identify Theft Protection
- Access Perks – Discounts on products and services with companies nationwide.
- 401k Retirement Program with strong company match.