We are currently seeking an Operations Manager for our Tampa, FL Distribution Service Center. Reporting to the Distribution Service Center manager, the Operations Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate the operations of the service center. Responsibilities will include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain, through training, inspection, corrective action, and tone at the top, a safe work environment.
- Understand and adopt 80/20 as the underlying philosophy of the business.
- Implement required standard operating procedures.
- Measure performance using metrics against pre-defined goals in areas such as safety, transaction accuracy, inventory accuracy, equipment inspection and PM, and all other administrative areas.
- Resolve issues within the paper/product/material flow and implement procedures to ensure that transactions flow accurately 100% of the time.
- Fosters alignment with functional Support Departments.
- Ensures proper stocking, movement, and loading of material.
- Perform or over-see all administrative duties including but not limited to facility and equipment maintenance and repair, OSHA requirements, safety training, control of fuel and P-card purchases, etc.
- Assist in monitoring controlling and minimize labor overtime,
- Monitor and control premium freight and repair expenses but never at the expense of safety.
- Make sure each day’s transactions are updated in the system the day during which they occur.
- Manage transaction accuracy by making sure each day’s transactions are updated in the system the day during which they occur and ensure that performance goals are met in this functional area.
- Provide excellent customer service.
NECESSARY SKILLS, BACKGROUND & COMPETENCIES:
- 2 to 3 years of operations or operations management experience in distribution required.
- Proven experience in inventory, cycle counts, rolling stock, fleet management
- Strong operational bias.
- Hands-on- Willing to get out and work alongside the team (NOT BEHIND A DESK ALL DAY)
- Process driven and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Decision making.
- Data analysis/problem solving
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and able to put together and lead presentations/meetings
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) preferred
Our comprehensive product offerings afford our customers a dependable one stop shop for all their fence and perimeter security needs. And our skilled and knowledgeable customer support professionals provide outstanding, seamless assistance with everything from the initial product selection all the way through delivery.
Simply stated, Merchants Metals is committed to offering fence, design and retail professionals the widest possible array of high quality, competitively priced products, and exceptional customer support before, during and after the sale.