About Merchants Metals
We’re one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fence systems in North America. With 35 distribution center locations, 5 manufacturing facilities, and a 60-year legacy of providing quality fencing and accessories, Merchants Metals continues to be the contractor and architect choice for excellence. Our complete line of products includes perimeter security solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
Why Join the Merchants Metals Team?
Our employees are part of a culture that values and promotes personal growth and development. We understand that to be a market leader we must be committed not only to our products, but also to our people. It’s our talent that helps make Merchants Metals the first name in fence solutions.
The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced, covered and uncovered sales/distribution facility. Specific job tasks include:
· Service pick-up customers and local delivery customers
· Ensure the day to day warehouse and yard tasks are completed as assigned
· Receive and inspect material, load and unload trucks
· Assist in inventory counts
· Ensure that the warehouse and yard are clean and organized according to inventory procedures
· Additional tasks as assigned
· High school diploma/equivalent, or an equal combination of education, training and experience
· 1-2 years' + experience operating a forklift in an indoor/outdoor environment.
· Demonstrate proficiency in equipment operations through completion of Forklift Certification Training including written test
· Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals & motivating others.
Merchants Metals employees and their qualified family members have the opportunity to participate in industry leading benefits programs which include:
· Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for Employees, Spouses, Dependents &/or entire Family
· Company Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Convenient 24/7 Doctor Visits through LiveHealth Online
· Legal Assistance via Legal Shield
· Employee Assistance Program
· Identify Theft Protection
· Access Perks – Discounts on products and services with companies nationwide.
· 401k Retirement Program with strong company match.
Our comprehensive product offerings afford our customers a dependable one stop shop for all their fence and perimeter security needs. And our skilled and knowledgeable customer support professionals provide outstanding, seamless assistance with everything from the initial product selection all the way through delivery.
Simply stated, Merchants Metals is committed to offering fence, design and retail professionals the widest possible array of high quality, competitively priced products, and exceptional customer support before, during and after the sale.