Why Join the Merchants Metals Team?
Our employees are part of a culture that values and promotes personal growth and development. We understand that to be a market leader we must be committed not only to our products, but also to our people. It’s our talent that helps make Merchants Metals the first name in fence solutions.
Tired of being away from home?
Merchants Metals is searching for a CDL Driver to make daily local runs to big box stores and independent contractors within the greater Atlanta area (Winder/Auburn). Home same day! No overnight runs.
Are you looking for a Local CDL opportunity with a company that offers the latest/safest equipment for their drivers? Are you looking for competitive pay (+10 hours OT/week - weekdays only), excellent benefits, and job stability? If so, look no further than Merchants Metals!
Job Description Summary
The CDL Driver will operate local runs. High activity season will require availability to work maximum hours allowable under DOT safety compliance. The environment is fast paced, operation early-late, Monday - Friday only. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Drivers are required to strap, weigh station, and tarp palletized loads
- Perform routine pre and post trip inspection inspections
- Properly secure and strap heavy loads for travel and demonstrate
- Proficient in Forklift Certification Training
- Maintain accurate and legible logs and records in compliance with DOT and company standards to include but not limited to: maintenance reporting using Xata Turnpick (new service for posting driver logs, pre & post trip inspections), fuel ticket records, delivery manifests and documentation, and necessary customer delivery signatures
- Perform preventive maintenance safety inspections (tires, mirrors, brakes, fluids, tarps, straps) and fueling duties
- Valid Class A CDL license required; 3 years' recent commercial driving experience
- Clean 3-year MVR report
- 3 years' flatbed experience
- 1 year Moffett experience
- Pre-employment DOT physical, drug test, and criminal background check required
- Successfully complete Decision Driving Safety course including but not limited to written test and observed road test
- Able to distinguish proper inventory via SKUs and labeling and communicate effectively
- Drivers must be certified to operate Forklift equipment to unload cargo
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Physically fit to climb and perform requirements of the job
- Must be able to start as early as 5:30-6:00am (8-10 hour work days)