- Expired: January 20, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Merchants Metals
We're one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fence systems in North America. With 35 distribution center locations, four manufacturing facilities, and a 60-year legacy of providing quality fencing and accessories, Merchants Metals continues to be the contractor and architect choice for excellence. Our complete line of products includes perimeter security solutions for industrial, commercial, and residential applications.
Why Join the Merchants Metals Team?
Our core values are in seven basic principles: Safety, Integrity, Accountability, Passion, Transparency, Empowerment, and Teamwork. Our employees are part of a culture that values and promotes personal growth and development. We understand that to be a market leader, we must be committed not only to our products but also to our people. We are committed to growing our employees and want our people to feel their time with Merchants Metals is an investment in their future. It's our talent that helps make Merchants Metals the first name in fence solutions.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Warehouse Yard Associate position is responsible for preparing loads for delivery. This position requires the individual to adhere to strict safety, cleanliness, and organizational standards related to working areas, loading and unloading materials, and forklift operation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
- Load and unload flatbed and box trucks. Sort materials before loading and unloading.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Stack cargo in locations such as transit sheds or in holding areas as directed, using pallets or cargo boards.
- Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Guide loads being lifted to prevent swinging.
- Ensure that the warehouse and yard are clean and organized according to inventory procedures: wash out cargo containers or storage areas
- Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers. Prepare materials for shipping.
- Carry needed tools or supplies from storage or trucks and return them after use.
- Connect electrical equipment to power sources so that it can be tested before use.
- May perform duties such as fabrication and order pulling as directed.
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by the supervisor.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficiency in equipment operations
- Experience operating a forklift
We've got you covered. Merchants Metals employees give a lot, and we offer benefits that fit their needs. We provide industry-leading coverage and benefits to our people and their qualified family members, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for Employees, Spouses, Dependents &/or entire Family
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Convenient 24/7 Doctor Visits through LiveHealth Online
- Legal Assistance via Legal Shield
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identify Theft Protection
- Access Perks - Discounts on products and services with companies nationwide.
- 401k Retirement Program with strong company match
In addition to the benefits program, Merchants Metals also provides employees a competitive wage, career advancement, and training opportunities.
Merchants Metals LLC
4255 South 300 WestSalt Lake City, UT
ConstructionView all jobs at Merchants Metals LLC
Get fresh Metal Service Center jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.