1381 Richmond Road, Charlottesville, VA 22911
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIANS
Sign-on Bonus for Experienced Techs
Tool Relocation Allowance
Hiring Techs, All Skill Levels!
One Year of Experience Required
Mercedes-Benz of Charlottesville is seeking to hire experienced automotive Service Technicians to start immediately! We are accepting applications for all skill levels from Apprentice Techs to Experienced Techs. All vehicle brand experience will be considered. Our generous pay plan rewards your skill and expertise. Make more money than you've ever made with lots of work!
- Sign-on Bonus for Experienced Techs!
- Highly Competitive Pay Plan
- Tool Relocation Assistance
- Ongoing Paid Training
- Paid Vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Stellar Working Conditions and Environment!
- Toolboxes supplied
- Specialty tools supplied
- Modern facility
- Employee discounts
- Dealer employee purchase program
- Career growth and advancement
Responsibilities - Service Technician:
- Perform multi-point inspection and diagnose malfunction(s)
- Perform quality repair and maintenance work on recalls, general maintenance, and diagnostics that meets dealership and manufacturer standards
- Provide estimate of time and parts needed for repair/maintenance
- Learn new technical information and techniques in training sessions
- Efficiently repair automotive systems, including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air-conditioning, etc., in accordance with dealership standards
- Repair broken or worn mechanical and technology components
- Install equipment, components, and systems
- Repair electrical wiring, circuits and fixtures
- Keep shop neat and account for dealership owned tools
- Other duties may be assigned according to skill level and certification
Requirements - Service Technician:
- At least one year of automotive service tech experience is required
- ASE certification is a plus
- State Inspection License is preferred
- Apprentice accepted
- High level of motivation and demonstrated ability to learn and succeed.
- Must be versatile in skills and tasks performed
- Experienced with shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, A/C equipment, etc.
- A positive attitude, good work ethic and top problem-solving skills
- Good communication and customer service skills; works well on a team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
- Pass pre-employment background check, MVR, and drug screen
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.