Maintenance Group Leader (Paint)
Jumpstart your career with Mercedes-Benz Vans in Ladson, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Maintenance Group Leader you will manage the safety, productivity, training, morale, and security of a Maintenance Team on 3rd shift. This position will also monitor production and equipment needs, and meet defined targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferred) or related field
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance leadership position
- Body In White, Paint, or Assembly Shop experience highly desired
- Able to problem solve and understands and applies "root cause analysis"
- Computer skills essential, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Highly flexible individual with the ability to adapt and handle changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills required, must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Automotive experience preferred
- Experience with Kuka or Durr is highly desired
- Flexibility to work second or third shift required
- Acts as the technical and disciplinary lead of the group
- Oversees, organizes, and coordinates all work content of the group
- Motivates, supports, develops, and challenges team members to their optimal potential
- Manages flow of communication to the team and to management
- Drives continuous improvement for maintenance processes, efficiency, quality, environment, and ergonomics
- Identifies trouble areas and resolves issues
- Administer company policies and procedures
- Assumes ownership and accountability for personnel management:
- Responsible for evaluations/reviews, coaching, counseling, resource planning and team building
- Coordinates schedules and workflow for the team
- Plans, controls, and approves vacation, employee shifts, qualifications, and schedules
- Provides feedback to all involved departments to improve overall performance of the plant
- Prepares reports based on data
- Presents findings to management and others
- Introduces measures for positive development of employees
- Resolves complex employee issues
- Facilitates and participates in regularly scheduled meetings
- Project management and work shop involvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
About Mercedes-Benz Vans
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC ("MBV") is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that assembles Sprinter vans for the U.S. market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Metris van was added to the assembly line in 2015.
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of the Daimler Group's many success stories. The Daimler Group consists of several companies with more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice the core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day. We believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply