Manufacturing Engineer - Paint Shop
Expand your professional portfolio as a Manufacturing Engineer - Paint Shop with MAU at Mercedes-Benz Vans in Ladson, SC . As the Manufacturing Engineer - Paint Shop, you will develop, implement, and improve Paint shop system for the Mercedes-Benz Paint Shop. You will apply knowledge of product design, fabrication and paint materials, focusing on designated paint shop processes.
- Competitive pay
- Health Benefits
- Bonus opportunity
- Relocation Assistance
- Direct-hire opportunity
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant degree required
- 5+ years of relevant experience, supporting automotive Paint Shop (preferred)
- Experience in installation and running of equipment and process in Automotive Paint Shops (preferred)
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Methods (especially painting) procedures and process technology (preferred)
- Proven written and verbal communication at all levels within the organization with good negotiation skills
- Intercultural competencies to build productive work relationships
- Paint shop Greenfield/ Brownfield start up experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of paint technologies including Pretreatment and Electro-coat (preferred)
- Apply installation knowledge of common automotive Paint technologies and Paint shop systems
- Confer with line builder; soliciting observations from technical experts & benchmarking with other Van plants worldwide
- Approve of large equipment/installations while planning workplaces with ergonomics in mind
- Develop best practices to improve production capacity, quality and reliability
- Manage the implementation of continuous improvement processes for efficiency to create a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Investigate problems, analyze root causes and derive resolutions
- Will use 8D Problem Solving Process to ensure sustainable quality products
- Develop operational strategies to achieve production and financial objectives
- Assure product and process quality by designing complex testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Participate in budget preparation and monitor expenses and profitability
- Write spec books; requests and evaluation of supplier quotations
- Plan, Design, document, and implement medium to large-scale manufacturing processes
- Determine feasibility of product changes
- Monitor maintenance and repair services. Coordinates with Production & Maintenance functions for shutdown activities
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Identify opportunities to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, and product design
- Ensure that highly technical equipment meets required specifications and high-quality standards
- Implement cost reduction initiatives while maintaining high quality standards
- Resolve moderately complex technical and operational problems by applying standard procedures and recommends production improvements
- Contribute to product and process quality design testing methods
- Develop planning standards, methods, and procedures
- Stay current with product specifications, engineering technology and production processes
- Provide guidance to team members to accomplish production goals; Provides guidance to less senior manufacturing engineers
- Propose and manage medium-scale projects from beginning to end
- Preparation of technical analyses and higher- level upper management presentation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of Daimler AGs many success stories. Behind Mercedes-Benz and our several other automotive brands are more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice Daimler’s core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day to accomplish our vision. As the inventor of the automobile, we believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van assembly plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing reassembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan at Mercedes-Benz is "Vans. Born to Run." We invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Mercedes-Benz Vans announced in March 2015 that it will invest $500 million in construction of a new Sprinter production plant, in addition to an expansion of existing assembly operations. The new facility will be also located in Charleston, and will provide up to 1,300 jobs.
More than 112,000 Sprinters have been assembled in Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
Mercedes-Benz VansMercedes-Benz Vans, LLC "MBV" is part of the division Mercedes-Benz Vans of Daimler AG, Germany. It is a plant in South Carolina that assembles Sprinter vans for the U.S. market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner, with headquarters in Charleston, SC. The midsize Metris van was added to the assembly line in 2015. Mercedes-Benz Vans announced in March 2015 that it will invest $500 million in construction of a new Sprinter production plant, in addition to an expansion of existing assembly operations. The new facility will be also located in Charleston, and will provide up to 1,300 jobs. More than 112,000 Sprinters have been assembled in Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.