When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry's technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That's because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer's experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
Seat Architecture Team Member works in the Test, Compliance, and Architecture Department and creates seating plans in the Seat Architecture group. In this position you will creating seat plans for all bus models, create plywood floor data files, and work with production, sales, and dealers to resolve seat plan related issues.
- Retrieve quotes from seat plan queue, paying close attention to any notes from the dealer in the route history
- Review orders to verify all required options are ordered
- Locate roof hatches, overhead track, lifts, side doors, strobe lights, stop signs, luggage boxes, heaters, exit window, and A/C components
- Configure seat spacing and locate wheelchair pockets/pucks/floor track
- Generate seat plan and weight report
- Ensure units are not over weight
- Process change orders making all changes since the last date of the seat plan
- Work with dealers and direct sales to ensure quotes have the correct option content
- Work with production to investigate and resolve seat plan related issue
- Create plywood floor data files
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university/college; OR and Associates Degree with 2 years of related experience; OR a high school diploma/equivalent with 4 years of related experience required.
- Must have desire and ability to learn quickly and consistently meet deadlines working in and group or independently required
- Demonstrate analytical, critical thinking and organization skills, and attention to detail required
- Demonstrated Customer Focus required
- An attached resume is required
- Working knowledge of the Seat Plan Dashboard and Teamcenter preferred
- Working knowledge of the Thomas Built RACE system preferred
- 2D drafting and CAD experience preferred
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 ...