Rapid Rehousing Specialist -1 Year Contract
Merced County Community Action Agency Merced, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DEFINITION: Under the supervision of the Housing & Community Service Director. This position will require helping the community with permanent housing. This is a temporary non-exempt position.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Identify and help secure appropriate rental housing in the community for rapid rehousing clients
- Provide housed clients with support to sustain housing long-term
- Monthly case evaluations to determine ongoing need for assistance
- Develop, establish and maintain professional working relationships with landlords and property managers
- Guide and educate clients on how to search for, secure and maintain permanent affordable housing, including tenant/landlord rights and responsibilities
- Assist clients with the completion of all pertinent documents with the goal of addressing their housing needs
- Assist clients in applying for mainstream public benefits and connecting them to resources
- Maintain thorough and accurate progress notes, files, and correspondences in HMIS
- Coordinate, participate and assist with outreach events
- Conduct client intakes and ensure all supporting documents are verified and on file.
- Maintain timely case management files for all clients.
- Monitor and document progress of clients.
- Develop, perform, and assist with workshops pertaining to client’s needs.
- Attend monthly meetings and workshops pertaining to homeless services
- Develop and maintain contacts/relationships with community resources and partners.
- Minimum AA Degree
- Ability to communicate, read, write and follow oral and written instructions in Spanish/English and able to communicate effectively and professionally with farm workers and their families.
- This position requires a background check and physical that requires the COVID-19 vaccination;
- Must have own reliable transportation with proof of vehicle insurance;
- Valid California Driver’s License;
- Ability to walk frequently; ability to lift and carry 10- 25 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to physically meet the demands of this job. Work flexible schedule on weekends;
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE EMPLOYEE TO MAINTAIN THE REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY FOR THE POSITION
SALARY RANGE: $23.04 (68.4.1)
SHIFT: 40 hours a week plus benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision,403B)
JOB SITE: Merced
APPLY AT: MCCAA, 1235 W. Main St., Merced; wwww.mercedcaa.org,
APPLICATION A MUST
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Powered by JazzHR
Merced County Community Action Agency
BusinessView all jobs at Merced County Community Action Agency