Crewperson (Entry Level with On The Job Training Provided)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
THIS IS NOT A COUNTY POSITION
AGENCY APPLICATION IS A MUST
Under direct supervision of the Crew Leader, perform minor home repair, install weatherization measures per existing state guidelines and perform related work as required. This position is entry level to the department and non-exempt. Incumbents must achieve State Certification in Basic Weatherization within three months of hire. This is an entry level non-exempt position. On the job training will be provided.
- Install attic insulation, batting, and attic ventilation;
- Replace broken windows and glass;
- Install hot water heater blankets;
- Install new doors, thresholds, door shoes, and weather stripping;
- Install caulking, glazing, duct and pipe wrap;
- Provide assistance to the Crew Leader relative to the task at hand;
- Install solar paneling;
- Ride in or drive an Agency truck to client locations;
- Perform other repairs/installation as required by Blower Door and Duct Blaster testing;
- Maintain client confidentiality and excellent customer service;
- Follow safety policies and instructions;
- Perform other miscellaneous duties to support department and Agency goals
- High School graduate or equivalent;
- Certification in solar paneling installation a plus
- Possess basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, and weatherization.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions, communicate clearly both orally and in writing and work cooperatively with staff and clients.
- Willingness and ability to train for State Certification in Basic Weatherization.
- Valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of minimum California vehicle insurance.
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb, crawl and squat as needed; be able to lift and carry in excess of 40 pounds on a regular basis and 80 pounds occasionally, and to stand up to 90 % of scheduled work time.
- Ability and willingness to perform essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must pass Criminal background check and pre-employment physical
- Some college and/or vocational training in the building trades.
- Paid and/or volunteer work experience in housing construction, framing, plumbing and/or weatherization.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE EMPLOYEE TO MAINTAIN THE REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY FOR THIS POSITION
SALARY RANGE: $15.56/hr; Full Time + Benefits
JOB SITE : MERCED
APPLY AT : Obtain application at Merced Community Action Agency, 1235 W Main St. Merced or
www.mercedcaa.org (Application and Resume a MUST)
DEADLINE : Open Until Filled
Powered by JazzHR
Merced County Community Action Agency
ConstructionView all jobs at Merced County Community Action Agency