Joining a growing team, this role has a heavy emphasis to start on product photography, lifestyle photography and digital editing. We're looking to capture more details, function and appeal when it comes to our products. You'll be responsible for visual content creation which gets utilized in digital marketing campaigns, and other critical web related activities. We're exploring 360 product photography and videos too; if you have experience or interest in this area that's definately an asset.
In addition, your role will have an opportunity to contribute within the marketing team on: Look Books, Catalogs, Signage, Social Media, websites, blogs PR, paid digital. You'll be taking direction from the Marketing Manager and leadership as we continue to expand our content library and marketing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Photography, and Video. You understand how to capture product without misrepresentation; use correct lighting, background materials, camera angles, focus, depth of field and an demonstrate product scale in your images.
- Work at a brisk pace, be willing and physically able to help assist with product and lifestyle set changes as required.
- Coordinating with the Marketing Manager and the team members to identify photography needs and other creative activities.
- Reviewing photos, editing and making necessary changes; knowing when deadlines require outsourcing.
- Working with the Marketing Manager on key campaigns interact with online retail websites, influencers. Bloggers, Mass Media (ex. Digital, Print, Radio, TV) Celebrity Designers.
- Help build and maintain a marketing content site for customers to access Mercana resources.
- Minimum 3 years of graphic design and/or photography experience in a business environment.
- Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud software, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and InCopy
- The ideal candidate will have a high level of initiative and pride themselves on their ability to foster relationships with customers, media, tradeshow facilitators, designers & influencers.
- Ability to effectively work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to travel to tradeshows when required. Valid passport to enter the USA.
- This individual must possess a strong eye for detail.
- Have a high proficiency with MS Office programs (particularly excel) for tracking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This applicant should have the ability to coordinate multiple priorities, work independently and integrate with our existing team.
- Willingness to take on new projects and challenges.
Mercana provides the necessary photography and windows based computer equipment to complete your tasks.
This is a Full-Time, Monday to Friday Office hour role; however we are flexible on schedule for those who meet the criteria and can accomplish the quality and output of work.