Express Auto Adjuster
Downers Grove IL
Kemper is one of the nation's leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper's products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
As our Express Adjuster you will investigate and resolve first and third party auto physical damage claims in a fast paced in-office setting by attempting immediate contact to confirm/review coverage. This is an entry level position where you will work under direct supervision. The hours of operation for this position are 7am - 7 pm CST, and flexible schedules are available!
- Responsible for the intake, investigation, valuation, establishment of exposure and settlement of assigned claims within a stipulated monetary authority.
- Ensures that all assigned claims are concluded promptly, equitably, and economically within the provisions of the policy contract and in accordance with the damages presented.
- Take statements from insureds, claimants, and witnesses to investigate losses.
- Timely and accurately reserving exposures.
- Delivers the Best in Class Customer Service experience to all internal, external, current, and prospective Kemper customers.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required.
- Minimum 6 months of entry level claims handling/claims intake experience is required OR 2+ year college degree can be substituted in lieu of experience.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred (*for Tucson/McAllen).
- Must obtain and maintain a valid insurance adjuster's license as needed based on location and claim assignment for states that require a staff adjuster to be licensed. (*McAllen and Birmingham required).
- A passion for delivering outstanding customer service to agents and customers.
- Experience in non-standard auto a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills with a team-oriented approach are necessary.
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook are essential.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Merastar Insurance CompanyDowners Grove, IL
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Express Auto Adjuster jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.