Substance Abuse Specialist - Relocation Assistance!
Merakey is currently seeking a Substance Abuse Specialist to join our Alexandria and Lake Charles, LA facilities.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER:
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Relocation Assistance
- Highly competitive compensation plans including on-call pay and a generous travel stipend
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more)
- Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships)
- Mail order prescription plans
- Legal and financial services
- 24-hour nurse hotline
- Life/disability coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
- ***Please ask about our FEDERAL STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS Program Qualifications!!!!!***
Rate of pay: $20.00 /hour + $6,000 Annual Travel Stipend= $47,600 Annually
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Provide recovery based, person centered services.
- Develop comprehensive goal plans in conjunction with individuals and family members.
- Provide Service coordination, including coordinating and monitoring the activities of the individual's treatment team.
- Provide individual and group supportive interventions and symptom management.
- Act as a liaison and consult with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
- Provide crisis intervention as required.
- Provide treatment, rehabilitation, and support services in conjunction with other team members and with direction from staff with specialty training.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or other human service related field
- Must be LAC (Licensed Addiction Counselor), CAC (Certified Addiction Counselor), PLPC (Provisional Licensed Professional Counselor) or LMSW (Licensed Master of Social Work)
- Knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and recovery driven service system
- Valid Louisiana driver's license
- Appropriate state and federal clearances